Topic closed
1 year, 6 months ago

Hi EY,

I have got some more questions so I hope it is okay!

I am a permanent resident of Australia and I graduated in July 2012. I am just wondering if you guys offer early start date or must all graduates start in January 2014?

I am also wondering how many graduates EY is taking this year through the graduate program. I realise EY takes quite a number of graduates through its vacation program.

Just curious about the chances of me landing a job at EY. :)

Thanks

Stephen

1 year, 6 months ago

Quoting Aqsa Javed (Posted on: 28 February 2013 02:48PM)

Hi

I am interested in the graduate program. I got 13 units exemption from university of south australia where i am studying now on the basis of my overseas bachelors degree. Now i am in my final year. So what transcripts do i need to attach with the application? Should i include the exemptions list and the units i have completed here aswell?

Kind regards

Aqsa Javed

Hi Aqsa,

Thanks for your question. Please include both attachments so we can see all the subjects completed. Thanks and good luck!

1 year, 6 months ago

Quoting Chiara Galbraith (Posted on: 28 February 2013 03:10PM)

Hi,

I graduated from Curtin in 2009 BComm (Acc) and I have one unit left to finish Masters Forensic Accounting. Am I able to apply for a graduate position, as I was living in remote Australia for three years after graduating and was not able to commence my career, but I am very keen to put all my years of study into practice. I study through Wollongong and attend intensive weekends over there, but I am based in Perth WA.

Thank you for your time,

Kind Regards

Chiara

Hi Chiara,

Thanks for your post. If you are looking to graduate from your masters this year, than you will be eligible to apply to our graduate program. However please be aware that if you progress to the final stage of the recruitment process, you will be required to attend a recruitment day at our office - so please ensure that for the state you apply to - you are flexible to attend their recruitment day - that would be my main point of advice in your situation. Cheers!

1 year, 6 months ago

Hi,

I'm an international student but i was not required to take the test when I came here. I am confident in getting the required band scores but I have not taken the test just yet. Will my application be deemed invalid if i did not submit the IELTS test scores along with my application?

1 year, 6 months ago

Oh sorry! I have graudated from tafe last year in a Certificate IV Programmign and completed a year of an Advanced Diploma in Professional Game Development. My goal is to work in I.T, it surrouds us everywhere so why not work with it and develop it as a tool to help people? My primary goal is to develop software and code but I am willing to work in other areas if need be for experience.

1 year, 6 months ago

Quoting Joanna Cheng (Posted on: 28 February 2013 03:23PM)

Hi,

I was just wondering if you could tell me more about the work culture and atmosphere at EY? Also, if you are interested in relocating to another EY overseas or within Australia, how often would such opportunity arise and is there any criteria (eg. number of years in EY, current position) for that?

Hi Joanna,

As someone who has worked here at Ernst & Young for over 5 years, I would highly recommend it :-) Since starting from day one right through to now, I've always found the people to be friendly and approachable, happy to answer my questions, and discuss the big picture. There are certainly busy times of the year, but also great social activities and there are ways to volunteer your time as well.

We have several programs that offer you opportunities to work overseas, whether it's a short term client work trip, a 3 month secondment or longer. It will depend on the work you're doing and how active you are in looking for opportunities - it may not happen in your first year or two, but they are certainly there. We even offer our high achieving Vacationer Program participants the opportunity to travel to Orlando, FL each year. Check out www.ey.com/au/careers/iilc

1 year, 6 months ago

Quoting Shahid Shams (Posted on: 28 February 2013 03:19PM)

Thanks for the reply Sumaya,

I know that you guys are out on a hunt for young talent. Having said that is 24 year is a bit too old for grad applications?

Hi Shahid,

Age is not a factor we assess your graduate application on and we don't ask for it in the application process either. Hope that helps!

1 year, 6 months ago

Quoting Inakshi Pigera (Posted on: 28 February 2013 03:07PM)

Hi Sumaya and Laura,

I am interested in applying for the graduate program and I have chosen the Assurance and Advisory service line.It would be great if I can get a response for the following questions.Firstly, I would like to know more about the challenges faced by a graduate in this role and what skills/ attributes you look for in a candidate to excel in this position? Also,any advice on the cover letter and application questions would be much appreciated.

Regards

Inakshi

Hi Inakshi.

In all our applications, we look for well rounded candidates that can show work experience, well written responses, motivation and knowledge of both EY and the service line preferences, extra curricular activities (eg. volunteering, team sports, student society membership, leader of group such as church/music, awards/achievements etc) and enthusiasm. We also look at academic results. Make sure you take the time to read the question and respond in a well structured way. Also think outside the box about the experiences you have had in your life. If they are relevant, how can they be incorporated into the questions we have asked? Above all, do a spell check and ensure your spelling and grammar is perfect. Good luck!

1 year, 6 months ago

Quoting Jiaying Zhu (Posted on: 28 February 2013 03:26PM)

Hi,

I would like to know whether oversea EY working experience gives candidates more credits in your selection?

Hi Jiaying,

Thanks for your post! Any relevant work experience adds merit to your application, whether its EY or elsewhere so I would definitely include any relevant prior experience in your application since it all counts. Cheers!

1 year, 6 months ago

Hi I just have a technical question. I saved a draft submission of my application and for some reason I have not been able to resume it and finish it. I have tried contacting the company via a couple of online forms but have yet to have heard a reply. Is there anyway you guys can help?

Thanks

Rhett

1 year, 6 months ago

Quoting Joanna Cheng (Posted on: 28 February 2013 03:31PM)

Hi,

I'm an international student but i was not required to take the test when I came here. I am confident in getting the required band scores but I have not taken the test just yet. Will my application be deemed invalid if i did not submit the IELTS test scores along with my application?

Hi Joanna,

As part of our eligibility criteria to apply, international students must submit a copy of their IELTS results at the time of application in order to be considered for a role. If you don't have the documentation now to support your results, you may apply next year (or next round) when we re-open our applications.

1 year, 6 months ago

Hi there,

I am recent MBA graduate from James Cook did my internship at Ventyx an ABB company and currently on a Spouse Visa. Am I eligible to apply for the graduate prog?

1 year, 6 months ago

Quoting Stephen Kwok (Posted on: 28 February 2013 03:26PM)

Hi EY,

I have got some more questions so I hope it is okay!

I am a permanent resident of Australia and I graduated in July 2012. I am just wondering if you guys offer early start date or must all graduates start in January 2014?

I am also wondering how many graduates EY is taking this year through the graduate program. I realise EY takes quite a number of graduates through its vacation program.

Just curious about the chances of me landing a job at EY. :)

Thanks

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Happy to answer more questions for you. Early start dates can definitely be an option and it all depends on which office/ serviceline you are applying to - I would suggest you let the graduate recruiter know as you progress through the stages to the Recruitment Day and they can give you options on the individual case by case basis.

As for our exact hiring numbers - this is something we cannot disclose and it varies across states and service lines. Cheers!

1 year, 6 months ago

Quoting Rhett Fraser (Posted on: 28 February 2013 03:40PM)

Hi I just have a technical question. I saved a draft submission of my application and for some reason I have not been able to resume it and finish it. I have tried contacting the company via a couple of online forms but have yet to have heard a reply. Is there anyway you guys can help?

Thanks

Rhett

Hi Rhett,

Thanks for alerting us. Make sure you have answered each and every question. In the meantime, I'll have the team look into this for you.

Thanks,

Laura

1 year, 6 months ago

Quoting Nidhi Khanna (Posted on: 28 February 2013 03:45PM)

Hi there,

I am recent MBA graduate from James Cook did my internship at Ventyx an ABB company and currently on a Spouse Visa. Am I eligible to apply for the graduate prog?

Hi Nidhi,

Thanks for your query regarding the spouse visa. It's an unusual question, and I'm not familiar with the correct advice to give you. Can you email the team at [email protected] so that they can look into it for you and give you a personal response. Thank you.

1 year, 6 months ago

Quoting Alexander Lazaris (Posted on: 28 February 2013 03:31PM)

Oh sorry! I have graudated from tafe last year in a Certificate IV Programmign and completed a year of an Advanced Diploma in Professional Game Development. My goal is to work in I.T, it surrouds us everywhere so why not work with it and develop it as a tool to help people? My primary goal is to develop software and code but I am willing to work in other areas if need be for experience.

Hi Alexander,

Whilst experience is something we highly value, all our student programs are geared for student looking to graduate from a university degree so is this something you are considering to enroll in? If you are interested then the cadet program is a 4 year program that allows you to study a 3 year single degree whist working at EY. To apply to all other student programs you will need to be enrolled in a uni degree and on the path of graduating - hope that helps in answering your query!

1 year, 6 months ago

Hello,

I'm a student completing at Monash, currently completing a Bachelor of Business majoring in Finance/Economics. what division of the firm do you recommend I apply for?

1 year, 6 months ago

Quoting Hamish McClean (Posted on: 28 February 2013 04:00PM)

Hello,

I'm a student completing at Monash, currently completing a Bachelor of Business majoring in Finance/Economics. what division of the firm do you recommend I apply for?

Hi Hamish,

We don't restrict degree backgrounds for applying to our service lines so it really is depended on what you enjoy doing and the career path you are most interested in. Best way to come to a decision is to do detailed research for all our service line areas and then identify the area that suits you most. Hope that helps!

1 year, 6 months ago

Hi

I was an international student but recently got my permanent residency. Do I still have to attach my IELTS scores to the application? ( I did achieve a band score of 8 in each modules). Secondly, when recruiting, do you only look for graduates with high academic achievements or an allrounder? Because wherever I have applied so far, grades seem to be the main criteria for employment. Thanks

1 year, 6 months ago

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to the EY team for taking the time to answer all of your questions today and thanks to all of you who have posted up questions as well!

We have run out of time to answer any more questions today so we will be locking the thread here so we dont' have any more posts however you can ask any questions you may still have on the EY Facebook Page which you can find here: https://www.facebook.com/eycareers

You can also find out more and also apply via the Ernst & Young GradConnection profiles here: http://www.gradconnection.com.au/ernst-and-young/

Topic closed