Topic closed
2 years, 7 months ago

Quoting Crystal Andrews (Posted on: 02 April 2012 03:49PM)

Hi Anna,

I am about to graduate from a Communications and Commerce double degree at the University of Western Australia. Does BP offer any graduate opportunities in the Communications/Media areas?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Crystal,

That's great! BP offers graduates roles in the Commercial/ Business Stream, not so much the communications/media area. This being said, our roles under the Business stream, such as Brand and Marketing, will incorporate some of these communication and media skills.

Hope this helps!

2 years, 7 months ago

Quoting Louise Lipscombe (Posted on: 02 April 2012 04:22PM)

Thang you for the reply Anna.

What are the prospects of employment within BP after the graduate program? Do many graduates find employment.

Thank you

Louise

No worries-when you become a graduate in BP, you are a permanent BP employee. Therefore, after the two year graduate rotation, we help you find a role that you are comfortable with to continue in. We have very high retention rates for our graduates and many of our graduates that started from 2000 onwards have spent their entire career in BP in different areas/locations of the organisation.

Hope that helps!

2 years, 7 months ago

Quoting Thair SHAKIR (Posted on: 02 April 2012 04:24PM)

Hi Anna;

I am from Edith Cowan University, at the final stage of my PhD in Electrical engineering. Would you mind recruiting PhD holders in your programmes. If so, would you recommend me any other suitable program that suits my qualifications with BP?

Thanks.

Thair

Hi Thair,

Thank you for your question. Our BP Graduate Program is more suited towards entry-level candidates who have just completed their undergraduate degree. In light of your PhD, you are probably more suited to considering a general position within our company. You can search for general job opportunities within BP at the BP careers website. We do not have any other formal programs that would be suited to you.

Hope that helps, Anna M

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Anna,

I am about to graduate from a Chemical Engineering Program from University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus.

I wanted to know if I would be eligible to apply for the 2013 graduate program if i hold a Subclass 476 recognized graduate temporary  Visa.

Thank you.

2 years, 7 months ago

Hello Anna,

How many positions for Electrical Engineering you have for 2013 with BP Australia?

I saw from one of the comments that you have ONE position at Melbourne and in total two position for mechanical engineering. Is it the same with Electrical Engineering as well?

If thats so, thats too much competitive applying for your grad program and most of the graduates would be wasting their time as you would be taking the best of the best , which is quite hard to know. So you think one should not apply to your grad program as from the looks of it you have some hard requirements to pass such as 65% WAM. Does it depend on which university you go to as different university grades have different marking guidelines.

Also, how many graduate applications should a graduate apply to on an average? Thanks

2 years, 7 months ago (Last modified 2 years, 7 months ago by the original author)

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your fantastic and varied questions regarding our BP Graduate Program. We hope you found the session useful.

All information regarding our Graduate recruitment process including the application form can be found at bp.com/ausgrads.

Remember, applications close this Sunday 8 April, so make sure your application and is complete and submitted soon!

Are you up for the challenge?

bp.com/ausgrads

2 years, 7 months ago

Quoting Abid Muhammad (Posted on: 02 April 2012 04:43PM)

Hi Anna,

I am about to graduate from a Chemical Engineering Program from University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus.

I wanted to know if I would be eligible to apply for the 2013 graduate program if i hold a Subclass 476 recognized graduate temporary  Visa.

Thank you.

Hi Abid,

Please see our previous responses regarding eligibility to apply for the BP Graduate Program.

Thank you, Anna

2 years, 7 months ago (Last modified 2 years, 7 months ago by the original author)

Hi,

I would like to know how much time should one spend on completing your graduate program application, as I hope you realise that a final year Engineering student is quite busy with university committments and assignments.

Do you think is it a good idea to apply for graduate programs when you complete your degree as then you have more time to work your way around with dealing with HR and recruitment process, than when you are still doing your degree. What do you think? As you cant satisfy both uni and HR people together.Also, whats your take on surprise phone interviews? As to how one should handle the same OR its best to organise another time as a graduate has applied to many companies like 30 or so, so not everyone can remember the details of each application he/she sent to.

2 years, 7 months ago

Quoting Kevin Stewart (Posted on: 02 April 2012 04:46PM)

Hello Anna,

How many positions for Electrical Engineering you have for 2013 with BP Australia?

I saw from one of the comments that you have ONE position at Melbourne and in total two position for mechanical engineering. Is it the same with Electrical Engineering as well?

If thats so, thats too much competitive applying for your grad program and most of the graduates would be wasting their time as you would be taking the best of the best , which is quite hard to know. So you think one should not apply to your grad program as from the looks of it you have some hard requirements to pass such as 65% WAM. Does it depend on which university you go to as different university grades have different marking guidelines.

Also, how many graduate applications should a graduate apply to on an average? Thanks

Hi Kevin,

We do have Graduate positions across Chemical, Mechanical and ICE/Electrical engineering which are located in both WA and Melbourne. You are right in that our Graduate positions will be highly sought after, however this would be the same across all companies recruiting within the graduate market. When reviewing applications we do look beyond purely GPA, so whilst this is a consideration, it is not the only criteria that we use. I would encourage you to continue to submit your application.

Thank you, Anna

Thanks Anna and Anna for joining us online today! Some great questions, all very insightful information before you close applications.

Make sure you read up and apply to BP here, not long before they close applications! 

One of our graduate recruiters has also kindly written up a blog post on forum etiquette, it's a good one to read before talking to employers to give you the best chance of getting into their graduate programs. 

Goodluck,

The GradConnection Team

Topic closed