2 years, 7 months ago

Hi everyone,

Transfield Services is an operations, maintenance and construction services business, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, property and defence sectors.

Opportunities are available in a wide range of areas including engineering, construction and project management, logistics / maintenance, consulting, planning and surveying, business and commerce, operations, and finance / accounting.

Chris from the Transfield Services graduate recruitment team will be online from 2-4pm EST today to answer all your questions about the Transfield graduate program.

Check out their profiles on the site here!

Cheers,

Murad

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi everyone,

Chris will be online very shortly.

Cheers,

Murad

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Chris,

Just interested as to how many Hr positions you have available? Also i am a mature age grad, will that be taken into consideration in my application.I have majored in Hr but have no experience in this area but i have years of experience in the retial sector.Will this be also considered or do you wish graduates to have some experience ?

Regards

Hayden

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Chris,

Thanks for answering our questions today.

Are there any Accounting graduate positions available as of now? I graduated from a Commerce Degree with majors in Accounting and Finance at the end of last year so was wondering if there opportunities present for immediate starts at all.

Also, what can an accounting graduate be expected to do in their day-to-day work at Transfield?

Thanks in advance!

2 years, 7 months ago (Last modified 2 years, 7 months ago by the original author)

Hi Chris,

I'm a Business and Commerce (Financial Mathematics) student and I'm interested in applying for your graduate development program.

Aside from a strong academic background, what are you looking for in a graduate?  What rotations are available?  Also, how many positions in Finance do you have available?

For your application, aside from the standard CV and academic transcript, do we need a cover letter?

I was also told that your program starts at January.  Do you by any chance know when exactly in January?  I won't be available in the middle of that month so I was thinking if that would be a problem.

Thank you.

Kimberly

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Hayden,

Thanks for your enquiry.  Currently, we don’t have any HR positions available.  It is best to keep an eye on our website for any future opportunities.  Here is a link directly to current positions available.

http://www.transfieldservices.com/page/Career_centre/Job_Vacancies_and_My_Profile/AU

The last 2 years we have recruited 2 x HR Graduates, so the intake unfortunately is quite limited.  I’m not sure which state you are based at, but our head office is in Sydney and that would be where the majority of our HR roles exist.

We are open to any mature age graduates to join the program.  Most of our graduates join the program with very little industry experience.  Transfield look for graduates who have solid communications skills. We certainly look into experience gained within retail and customer service environments. 

I hope that helps a little.

Regards,

Chris.  

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Chris, 

I applied for a finance position a few weeks ago and still have not heard back... is that because you are still accepting applications?

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Chris,

I graduated from RMIT University in Dec 2010 with a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and am currently an Australian Permernant Resident.

I am currently working as a trainee engineer at LTL Transformers in Sri Lanka for 6 months. My training here would end on 30/08/2012 then I plan on settling down in Australia.

When does your assessment start for this position and if I am shortlisted, how would I be contacted. I would also like to know weather Tansfield Services conduct interviews via skype or will I have to come to Australia if I am selected for an interview.

Thanks,

Ulfath

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Shahla,

Thanks for your enquiry.

We recently recruited quite a few Finance Graduates. 

Most of our current Graduates are based out of our head office in Sydney. 

Our Graduate Recruitment will be recruited on an as needs basis and this will be rolling all year round due to the nature of our industry. 

I suggest you keep a close eye on our website for future opportunities.   

An accounting Graduate will be given a broad variety of tasks to complete on a daily basis. 

I cannot be too specific with responsibilities as I don’t work in the Finance department.  I can assure you that you would be challenged with responsibilities and the development opportunities would be quite substantial. 

I hope this is of some help to you.

Regards,

Chris.

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Chris!

I'm just wondering whether Transfield Services considers graduates in aerospace engineering? I recently completed my degree in aerospace, and I am very interested in Transfield Service's grad program. It seems like the company puts a lot of effort into inducting graduates and their development.

I am aware that the company does not do any aerospace work, however I'm sure that you are aware that the aerospace and mechanical engineering degrees are very similar, hence my question above. Thanks!

Regards,

Yee-Len

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for your time with answering the questions and giving advice beforehand. I'd like to ask if there is any graduate opportunities available for petroleum engineers with Transfield Services?

PS)  Do You reckon PhD graduates can apply for positions as well? or is it only for Masters and Undergraduate students?

Thanks so much.

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for your message.

We feel communication is key to joining Transfield.   Aside from qualifications we look for solid customer service experience along with good communication skills. 

Our Finance department is mainly based out of our Head Office in Sydney and you will find most of the rotations are rotated through Head Office.  We have a very broad Finance department and this can certainly give Graduates a lot of exposure too many areas within Transfield.

A cover letter is encouraged when applying for positions with Transfield Services.  Our Graduate Program normally begins at the start of the year, but this has changed recently as Transfield will be recruiting all year round on an as needs basis. 

Good luck. 

Regards,

Chris.

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Chris,

I was just wondering whether the program has a performance appraisal and how performance is recognized and rewarded.  Also whether it would enable me to complete the program faster and move up.

Thanks 

Ravi

2 years, 7 months ago

Good day Chris!

I am a engineering graduate in 2010, major in aerospace engineering. I had work experience last year in Germany, as an automotive engineering trainee. I have a few questions to ask about Transfield's graduate program:

1. Am I eligible to apply the program as I am a graduate from 2010?

2. Although my major is aerospace, I don't intend to find any jobs related to it in the program. Do you think I can pass the selection stage in the program if I apply for mechanical or mining engineering sector? Cause I know it is not easy to go through the first stage as HR department will simply reject me because of my non-related background.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Wayne

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Athanasia,

Thanks for your patience.  We normally advertise roles for approximately a month and usually there is quite a large response and sometimes this can create a delay in getting back to everyone unfortunately.  It's probably a good idea to contact the department / recruiter to see where your application is at. 

Best of luck with your application.

Regards,

Chris.  

2 years, 7 months ago

thanks for your reply , so actually what graduate postions do u have availavble  as in what specific fields

Cheers

Hayden

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Ulfath,

Thanks for your enquiry. 

Transfield Services from here on in will be recruiting on an as needs basis all year round due to the nature of our industries.  I suggest you keep an eye on our website for current opportunities. 

Hypothetically if you were shortlisted you would need to go through an assessment, phone interview and face to face interview before selection.  If you were successful in reaching final stages of the interview process, I'm sure we could conduct an interview via Skype. 

Best of luck with everything.

Regards,

Chris.

2 years, 7 months ago

Hi Chris, 

Im a recent graduate of Aeronautical Engineering. Im an British Citizen and also an Australian Permanent Resident. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to tell me if I would be suited for the your graduate program. 

Thank you, 

Adity

2 years, 7 months ago

Dear Chris, 

Very Good Afternoon.

I wish to enquire about my chances for the graduate operations coordinator position in Melbourne as advertised on the company website.

I am from a mechanical and manufacturing background with nearly 2 years of experience as a project engineer across marine and oil and gas industry. 

A had applied for the position last week and awaiting the response for the same. Also, I would also be interested in any other junior engineering opportunities at Transfield Services as I believe my qualifications, skills and experience closely matches the responsibilities and services at Transfield. I look forward to you're reply. I can be easily contacted on 0430442233.

Best Regards, 

Arpan Bhuta.

2 years, 7 months ago

Ok, thanks for your response Chris!!