There are many things that go into making a great graduate program - from the prospect of career development, mentorships and up-skilling, to a good starting salary, benefits, and the opportunity to travel.
For the companies offering the best graduate programs in Australia, competition can be fierce. Many of these programs are provided by Australia’s (and the world’s) leading companies, listed in our 2019 Top 100 Graduate Employers List.
But which organisations are offering the best graduate programs in Australia right now, and what can you expect from them in 2020?
As Australia’s leading telecommunications and technology company, Telstra is dedicated to improving the ways Australians live and work through the power of connection. The company provides technology and content solutions that are simple and easy to use, including Australia’s largest and fastest national mobile network.
Telstra’s 12-month graduate program offers many exciting career opportunities across a vast range of disciplines - from software engineering, network engineering, information and cyber security, to data analytics and management, product and service design, finance and human resource.
Whether you decide to apply for a technical or corporate graduate role, you’ll be supporting the innovation of emerging technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT), 5G, cybersecurity, drone technology and Artificial Intelligence (AI). You’ll work in an environment that embraces the latest new ways of working like Agile, DevOps, and Human Centred Design.
What to expect:
- A rotational graduate program & specifically designed accelerator programs
- Continual career coaching & mentoring
- The tools, flexibility and volunteer opportunities to help you thrive
- Leading-edge technology
- Welcoming culture for international students
- A great starting salary
With an array of iconic brands and world-renowned products, Nestlé is the largest brand in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry in the world - and its Next Gen Nestlé Graduate Program continues to open up endless possibilities for its chosen candidates, providing a broad range of career opportunities and a well respected customer-centric culture. You’ll gain valuable experience by rotating through a number of roles in your chosen area – Marketing, Business, Technical & Production, Supply Chain or Finance.
In your chosen area, you’ll be given real responsibilities on real projects in different areas across the business. Throughout the Nestlé graduate program you’ll receive plenty of coaching and support, and have your own learning and development program tailored just for you. Best of all, you’ll have a guaranteed permanent role at the end.
What to expect:
- Learn in a practical, hands-on environment and grow and develop your leadership abilities
- Gain the knowledge and business acumen to set you up for long-term success
- Flexible working: Nestlé’s flexible and inclusive work culture has been recognised with a Flex Able certification from WORK180 social enterprise
- A fixed base salary, with a bonus plan to further reward great performance and behaviours
- A culture of continuous learning, from career and development opportunities to professional development coaching, further study and mobility
- Nestlé Total Rewards: From super and financial advice, to health and assistance programs as well as partner discounts. There are even retirement benefits for people in the later stages of their careers
ALDI is Australia’s low-price grocery retail leader that strives to provide customers with top quality products at the lowest possible prices. Originally from Germany, ALDI’s rapidly growing network consists of over 10,000 stores across 18 countries, with more than 500 stores in Australia. ALDI prides itself on providing a culture of stability and support to its employees and their families.
ALDI’s impressive 18 month Graduate Program is a great way to kick-start your career and fast-track a path in retail leadership. As an ALDI graduate, you’ll be rotating through all areas of ALDI’s business while developing your skills as a leader in a fast paced, intense management based program.
Few other graduate programs provide the chance to lead teams and deliver solutions to real life challenges that positively impact the business. The graduate program will see you travelling all over your allocated state, while also attending training at the ALDI Head Office in Sydney. If you’re successful in your rotations, you will take on the role of Area Manager at the end of the program, running 3-5 stores autonomously - essentially running a multi-million dollar business yourself.
ALDI is looking for natural leaders - so if you’re good with people and aren’t afraid to take on some complex retail challenges, this program is for you. You’ll need to pick things up quickly, and build strong relationships with your colleagues, team and leaders to be successful.
What to expect:
- Market leading remuneration of $89,000 - $162,800
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Opportunity to progress to the Area Manager role at the end of the program
- Comprehensive training and professional development
- A mentor to support, guide and coach you along the journey
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Company car and iPhone from your first week
As GradConnection’s #1 Graduate Employer, Deloitte offers one of the most awarded and highly regarded graduate programs in Australia. Whether you’re studying Design, Business, Law, Software Engineering, or Mathematics - if you’re in the last year of your degree, you can apply to be a graduate at Deloitte. Join the world’s largest private professional services firm in a program full of challenge, responsibility, variety, and invaluable training.
Deloitte's graduate program acknowledges and tackles the fact that entering the corporate world can be a daunting experience. With dedicated mentorships, leadership training and client service skills development, you’ll be feeling confident in a range of business settings and challenges in no time. The Deloitte graduate program provides ongoing support and career development opportunities to help kick-start your career the right way.
What to expect:
- Opportunities to travel interstate for work
- A competitive starting salary
- Support to develop your career through mentorships, pursue further study and participate in our award-winning graduate development program, D.Academy
- Become a part of one of the largest cohorts of graduates in Australia, so you’ll have other students to connect with
- A culture of disruptive thinking and innovation – Deloitte was named 6th Most Innovative Company in Australia last year by the Australian Financial Review
Applying for your dream graduate program
The structured learning and career development benefits of many graduate programs means these opportunities are in high demand - so expect some heavy competition for roles, and a long, thorough recruitment process, sometimes beginning a year before the program kicks off.
To find the best jobs and roles for recent graduates, check out the graduate employers and programs on offer to better understand the structure, benefits and requirements of each program. To stay up to date with graduate opportunities and internships register for your free account on GradConnection today!