Many employers agree that graduates are not always prepared for the demands of commencing in a real graduate job. The transition from life as a student to an employee within an organisation is challenging one. With extensive experience in managing graduate programs for various organisations, we have witnessed the missed opportunities.
Jobready by Readygrad is a new product which allows students to access face to face training in a 3 day program held in a central city location. The aim? To empower you with the skills required to successfully prepare for your commencement in a real graduate job. On completion, you will graduate with a Certificate 4 in Business (JobReady).
This program is FREE for eligible students* providing registration is completed by 29th June 2012 – for eligibility criteria
About the Training
The Jobready program has been strategically designed with relevant, practical content to enable students to be better equipped to make the transition from student to work life. In this unique, face to face training environment you will learn about and practically understand modules which include:
- Understanding your Brand – What is a ‘brand’? How am I perceived in a team or workplace environment?
- Business Skills & Etiquette – what are the business skills required in an organisation? What is appropriate in relation to phone, email, meetings and other communications?
- Problem Solving – Ive solved problems in my study area, but how does this work in a company?
- Time Management – skills to best utilise your time when you have multiple deadlines.
The program runs over 3 days. The format can be in either a ‘boot camp’ style session, run over 3 consecutive days (eg. Thursday, Friday, Saturday) OR 3 days over consecutive weeks – options are available to you upon registration.
On completion, you will graduate with a real qualification (Certificate 4 in Business – Jobready) which enhances your own self development, makes you more prepared for your graduate job and can be added to your own resume – all of which is very attractive for an employer.
As this program currently has state government funding approval in Victoria only*, the program is FREE for university students who register by 29th June 2012 AND meet the basic eligibility criteria below:
- Must reside in Victoria
- Must be an Australian resident (or hold a permanent visa)
- Must have not completed a higher qualification (i.e. Cert 4 or higher) – i.e. undergraduates are eligible in many cases
- Are not enrolled in two or more Victorian Government subsidised courses
Full eligibility will be determined on registration for the training.
HURRY! Registrations must be complete by 29th June 2012. (*further funding opportunities may be available in the future in other states)
At a glance:
- Certificate 4 in Business (Jobready)
- Practical, relevant modules
- Face to Face training in central city location
- Led by training experts
- FREE – for eligible students
The benefits of the Jobready program:
- Be ready to make the transition from student to work life
- Gain distinct competitive advantage over your peers
- Earn a real qualification – Certificate 4 in Business (Jobready)
- Potentially more attractive to employers
- Great self development – add it to your personal resume
- Training is delivered face to face – rather than online – in a central city location
- FREE for eligible students (see About the program page for critieria)