At a Glance
- Leadership development for talented students
- Annual professional experience placement
- Business mentor
- Variety of engineering disciplines offered
- Project Management and Information Technologies Leadership Scholarship programs also available
- Total commitment of $72,000 (or $90,000 for combined/ double degree students).
Support our future engineering leaders
The University of Sydney has launched a new Engineering Leadership Scholarship program aimed at developing future engineering leaders. These are the most valuable engineering undergraduate scholarships offered in Australia in terms of financial support and leadership development. They provide talented students with unique development and educational experiences. These include:
- An annual structured professional experience placement within your organisation*
- Leadership insights, including working with the Warren Centre’s Chair in Engineering Innovation, and the John Grill Centre for Project Leadership
- Direct access to a business mentor
- Online networking forums and regular networking functions, where they can meet with alumni, government and industry leaders.
As an Engineering Leadership Scholarship program partner, you will have a talented student placed with your organisation, where they will learn the skills to thrive in a business environment. You will be able to track your student’s progress and tailor their experiences for each placement, ensuring they can take advantage of the unique opportunities your organisation provides.
Your scholarship recipient will be placed with you for:
- 6 weeks at the end of first year
- 8 weeks at the end of second year
- 10 weeks at the end of third year
- 10 weeks at the end of fourth year (combined/double degree students only).
Scholarship recipients are also exposed to the latest research and technical advances on campus, and may choose their thesis topic to relate to your industry or area of interest. Using your facilities, engineering supervision or technical materials helps them deepen their real-world knowledge.
As well as participating in the educational experience of your student, you will have the opportunity to meet other talented students, academics, alumni and industry peers at regular events and forums.
Become a program partner today
Support our future engineering leaders.
Contact Keiran Passmore on
T 02 9351 5768
E [email protected]
*this would also be a pre-requisite for meeting the requirements for certain units of study.