If you are passionate about developing solutions to touch challenges, you may be the kind of innovative leader GE is looking for.
The GE challenge is an opportunity to test your leadership, imagination and innovative thinking with the chance to work on a real life business case. With your team, you will develop and prepare a pitch on how to solve your business challenge. The top teams will be invited to present to members of GE Australia’s senior leadership team with the chance to win cash prizes and to discuss opportunities to join our Financial Management Program (FMP) summer internship.
The FMP summer internship is a key pipeline to the FMP leadership program, which is widely considered to be the premier program of its kind. It is the first step in many successful GE management careers.
GE is one of the world’s biggest and most admired companies, renowned for hiring exceptional people and giving them unparalleled opportunities to build their careers and capabilities. In Australia, GE works on some of the country’s most exciting projects, operating across critical sectors like energy, aviation, transportation, healthcare and financial services.
We try to find new and better ways of doing things us. We hope you’ll take the first step by registering for the GE Challenge.
The GE Challenge
- Australian university students from any year level form teams of 2-4 students.
- Register from 1 August to 9 August 2013
- Once registrations close, teams will receive the business case and have two weeks to prepare a pitch to submit for review.
- The top six teams (nationally) will be invited to our head offices in either Sydney or Melbourne for a morning of pitching and networking (travel expenses for all interstate teams will be covered by GE).
- The panel of judges (GE HR and leadership team) will determine the winners and cash prizes will be awarded to the top three teams. The overall winning team will be invited to discuss opportunities to join our FMP summer internship program.
- Registration: 1 Aug – 9 Aug
- Case Study provided: 12 Aug
- Pitch submission due: 23 Aug
- Invited to GE – networking and pitch: 29 Aug – 30
- Winners determined & notified: Aug 5 Sept
All questions can be directed to our Facebook wall http://www.facebook.com/gecareersaunz
The GE Challenge will develop and test the skills you’ve learned inside the classroom and apply them to the real world of business. We highly regard individuals who are taking on this challenge and will take your participation into consideration during the internship/graduate leadership program application process. The top GE Challenge teams will be awarded cash prizes and invited to discuss the internship program opportunity with members of our senior leadership team.
We look forward to hearing from you shortly and will issue your business case to the team email address specified, on the 12 August 2013.