Lizard Centre is Australia's leading provider of evidence-based intervention for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related developmental delays. We are growing in 2021 so if you have a passion for working with children and are looking for regular casual work, with the potential to develop into part-time permanent opportunities, we would love to hear from you!
As a Lizard Behaviour Therapist, you implement high-quality Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) sessions in a 1:1 environment in a child's home, school or in our fantastic centre following our Lizard model. This includes both structured and naturalistic teaching, collecting, recording and graphing all data as advised by the Program Supervisor and implementing any Behaviour Intervention Plans. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to actively participate in Clinic sessions attended by the family and our Clinical team, giving you the opportunity and experience of positively influencing the future of a child with Autism and their family.
We are currently looking for a therapist to work in Sydney to provide services to our client(s).
Ideally, the successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate an ability to play and engage appropriately with young children. This could include previous experience as a youth worker, working in an early childhood setting or school, babysitting or even your own lived experience
- Be a student or graduate of an Early Childhood, Youth Work, Psychology or Allied Health discipline looking for work related to your field of study
- Have previous experience working with young children with ASD and wish to further develop your career in this area (Highly Regarded)
- Show an ability to develop and maintain a positive and objective relationship with a child's family
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate in an appropriate manner to both internal and external stakeholders. This could include clinical meetings, client notes and emails
Why work for Lizard?
- You will have the rewarding experience of transforming the lives of children and their families
- You will receive full in-house and in-field training from our team of experienced Clinicians before being placed on to our programs
- Career development in the fast-growing field of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Ongoing training and development to support your grow your skills and knowledge
- You will have the support and encouragement of a close-knit and passionate team
If you would like further information, please feel free to contact David Lawrence-Watt, Recruitment Partner, on (02) 8565 8755.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Health, Physio and Occupational Therapy, Psychology...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:25th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm