ABB Discovery – Graduate Data Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Australia's Electrification Distribution Solutions (ELDS) Business has a unique opportunity for a passionate Graduate Data Engineer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to rotate through three different teams within ELDS business across 18 months. You will gain an understanding how our teams within ABB collaborate to support our business ecosystem, as well as an overview of our products and solutions supporting customers in different industries.
As a data engineer, you will be implementing various methods that helps improve data reliability and quality in the team, producing easy to understand insights for the company to take informed & agile decisions.
In the pursuit of continuous improvement, you will be collaborating with teams within and across functions (such as Sales support / Tendering, Project Engineering / Management, Quality Management System, Finance & Product Engineering Tools) to identify and support these office automation projects.
- Analysis and organization of raw data from different sources to create consistent and machine-readable formats.
- Builds and maintains data systems, developing analytical tools and programs to ensure the continuous enhancement of data quality and reliability.
- Supports the Switchgear product engineering related IT systems with upgrades, troubleshooting, code fixing, developing macros and IS liaison.
- Maintain proper work instructions, system documentations and SharePoint contents creation as part of Data Management tasks.
- Support office process automation projects.
- Degree in Data Engineering / Information Technology / Computer Science, or similar with major in data engineering or data analytics (upcoming/recent graduates from 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Excellent MS Excel skills with the knowledge of Power Pivots & Power Query with strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Sound programming skills with C++, VBA experience (DAX, Python or R are a bonus)
- Solid understanding of database design and ability to interrogate data models to support reporting & analytics (eg: MS SQL Server databases)
- Knowledge of reporting and visualization with dashboards in PowerBI or similar
- Desirable: Knowledge of SAP, Windows Server Maintenance, MS O365 ‘Power’ suite – Automate, Power Apps, Flow and SharePoint.
- Eligible to work in Australia (citizen/permanent resident).
More about us
ABB Electrification Distribution Solutions (ELDS) portfolio includes a comprehensive range of products, systems and services that increase energy efficiency, reliability and productivity for our industrial, utility, transport and infrastructure customers. As a global leader in power distribution solutions, we need the best technical and analytical minds to stay ahead of the competition. You will work with talented people from a range of countries and cultures – creating solutions to help the world run more sustainably, safely and efficiently for future generations
ELDS is the largest division within ABB, which has about 150 staff in Sales support, Engineering, Project management, Operation & Service.
The Execution Team within the ELDS Division execute deliver around 80 to 100M AUD of Engineer to Order projects (ETO). We are constantly improving our processes to improve productivity and meet targets by capturing data and using it predictively. We capture data regarding products, customers, projects execution productivity, monitor, report and improve performance.
We look forward to receiving your application (preferably in English). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:27th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm