Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive and motivated individual to join the service team as a Technical Service Technician within our Core Diagnostic Division.
This 12-month contract role is a great opportunity for an engineering graduate looking to kick start their career within the Diagnostics industry.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the successful applicant will work as part of the Southern Region Service team, based in Perth, Western Australia and will be exposed to all aspects of technical support and service delivery for your allocated accounts in this region. You will receive both virtual and on the job training and gain invaluable exposure to the industry while building on your technical and customer knowledge.
To succeed in your new position ideally you will bring with you:
- A high work ethic and an eagerness to develop your skills and knowledge through our training and education program.
- A relevant qualification (Certificate/Associate Diploma/Degree) in Biomedical/Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving and work activities.
- Your strong communication and confident interpersonal skills.
- The ability to do Root Cause Analysis and the drive to achieve positive results for our customers and the Abbott team.
- An enthusiasm to repair and maintain complex medical equipment.
Above all we are looking for a team player with an inquisitive mind ready to jump in to their career!
Our field team travel across the Western Australia Region to support our customers so a willingness and availability to travel and spend time in interstate locations is a must.
Abbott provides some fantastic benefits for our employees, these include:
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- Discounted Shares program.
- Wellness programs.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our careers site at www.abbottcareers.com for more information.
Abbott is an equal opportunity employer.
We ask that recruiters respect our internal recruitment process and PSA panel, and refrain from contacting us, or referring candidates to this role.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechanical, Medical and...
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:27th May 2021, 1:59 pm