It’s our birthday year!
We began in 1951 as a small group of parents who formed an organisation looking for an innovative way to access care and support for their children with Cerebral Palsy. Fast forward to 2021, we’re celebrating our 70th birthday and are recognised as one of WA’s leading disability service providers. Our sector has changed a lot over the years, and we have too. What remains the same is our dedication to our customers. We’re a not for profit with purpose, an organisation with a heart.
How you’ll make a difference
Our team of Occupational Therapists work with customers to provide an excellent service from our hubs in Coolbinia, Canning Vale, Currambine and Malaga, and out in the community. Our therapy teams are transdisciplinary, so you’ll connect with and learn from other therapists, with a wide range of skills and experience. We are proud to offer contemporary, evidence-based services, underpinned by strength-based, person/family-centred philosophy. Come join us – we are a down-to-earth, passionate team who collaboratively work towards goals identified by our customers and their families.
We think you’ll like it here
Our employees like working here, and we think you will too. Our employees are deeply connected with our vision that people of all abilities thrive in their community throughout their lives. Along with a caring and values driven culture, we have some pretty great benefits:
- Access to ongoing professional development through our depth of experience and shared knowledge in our teams
- Opportunities to develop your career through leadership positions
- Increase your take home pay by salary packaging up to a maximum of $18,550
- Generous leave entitlements including, paid parental leave and return from parental leave bonuses
- A flexible employee benefits offering which includes Employee Assistance Program, Private Health Insurance and Workplace Banking Program discounts
- A strong employee listening culture which provides regular opportunities to provide your feedback about life at Ability Centre which is used to make improvements to our organisation
The boring but important bits
Still with us? Great! As with any allied health employer, we have a list we need to tick:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Current AHPRA
- Current Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance no older than 6 months
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Current First Aid certificate
- NDIS Workers Orientation Module
- NDIS Worker Screening check
Where to from here?
If you like what we’re about, click apply now to submit your application.
Who to Contact about the Position and Application Process
Andrew Steere, Human Resource Officer on 08 9267 8471
‘We reserve the right to extend or withdraw this advertisement prior to the closing date’
Ability Centre is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Ability Centre focuses on sourcing high calibre candidates through direct recruitment campaigns. Please do not send unsolicited agency CVs or contact Ability Centre staff regarding unsolicited CVs.
Reference No: VAC0358
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Exercise Physiology, Health, Physio and Occupational...
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:9th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm