Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic, and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise.
Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Agilent is a multinational company headquartered in the USA, with its Marketing and Research and Development center for Agilent Atomic Spectroscopy Instrumentation located in Mulgrave, Melbourne.
Agilent is currently seeking an Electrical Engineering intern for 12 months to join Mulgrave"s R&D team is made up of electrical, mechanical, firmware, software, optical engineers, and chemists.
As an Intern, you will have completed your 2nd or 3rd year at university in electrical engineering and be ready for 12 months of industry experience. You will apply the skills learned at university in a variety of focused hands-on projects, at the same time as gaining and applying knowledge about Agilent's products in your assignment. This will help develop real world experience in a a company that is a leader in the market it serves.
- As part of a larger project R&D team of various engineering disciplines, assemble and functionally test prototype electronic and mechanical parts, modules, and complete scientific instruments.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade them when required.
- Document designs and test results.
- Suggest electronic circuit design improvements.
- Create or modify existing instrument electronic circuit designs using ECAD.
- Build and commission customized functional verification test jigs.
- Test prototype sub-modules and complete instruments for performance and Regulatory standards compliance.
- Liaise with external suppliers to source components for prototype builds.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, working in a team environment
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Highly self-regulated, disciplined, and motivated
- Willingness to learn quickly and autonomously
- Must be at least a 2nd or 3rd-year student with at least 12 months remaining on their course (can be an undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters or Ph.D.)
- Studying or have studied a degree related to Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Must have unlimited work rights in Australia (Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Must be available full time during 2021
This Internship amounts to $38,000 tax-free for an Undergraduate and $42,000 tax-free for a Post-graduate working full-time for 12 months.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Electrical
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:3rd Oct 2021, 12:59 pm