Agilent is a multinational company headquartered in the USA, with its Marketing and Research and Development centre for Agilent Atomic Spectroscopy Instrumentation located in Mulgrave, Melbourne. Agilent is currently seeking an intern to work as a researcher for 12 months join the Mulgrave R&D team made up of electrical, mechanical, firmware, software, optical engineers, and chemists.
As an Intern, you will be currently enrolled in a university course with less than 18 months remaining in your studies, and be ready for 12 months full time industry experience. You will apply the skills learnt at university in a variety of research tasks and focused hands-on projects, at the same time as gaining and applying knowledge about Agilent"s products in your assignment. This will help develop real world experience in a company that is a leader in the market it serves.
Specific Job Description:
- Conduct research into improving the performance of existing Optical Spectroscopy instrumentation or new and novel methods of optical spectroscopy – improving sample delivery, emission sources, transfer of light, and/or detection capabilities.
- Research will include literature research, creating and optimizing simulations, designing physical parts to be made and assembled, testing physical hardware, analyzing data, writing reports, and presenting results.
- Work will be conducted in a team environment
- 18 months or less left to complete your Bachelor degree, Masters or PhD course in Engineering or Physics.
- Research experience with hardware highly desirable
- Programming capabilities particularly for data analytics, model fitting, etc.
- Knowledge of Optics, spectroscopy, electronics, magnetism, heat, and material science is advantageous
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, working in a team environment
- Highly self-regulated, disciplined and motivated
- Willingness to learn quickly and autonomously
- Strong communication and presentation skills – written and oral
The salary for this role amounts to $34,000 for undergraduate students at 12 months working full time.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Engineering, Science
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Program Duration
- Working Hours
- Expected Start Date
- Closing Date:5th Mar 2021, 12:59 pm