Commonwealth Bank is Australia's leading provider of integrated financial services.
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of Commonwealth Bank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, and property.
The FS BI Reporting Hub is a central, agile, data analytics and reporting team. We enable FS to leverage the Finance Business Intelligence (BI) platform whilst ensuring consistency, efficiency, and prioritization of delivery. Together with the BI Spokes we create value by uplifting our platform, developing capability in other teams, governing the use of data, and enabling insights to drive informed business decisions.
- Demonstrates an interest or experience in both Finance and Technology, in the form of degree studies or otherwise
- Evidence that you are technically minded and can pick up new technologies quickly
- Enjoy engaging with intellectually challenging problems and are not afraid to ask difficult questions to improve their understanding
- Clear written and spoken communication is important
- Excellent time management skills, who hold themselves to high standards and get things done
About the Role
- Working with other FS teams to understand data and reporting requirements
- Data retrieval and analysis from various sources using tools such as SQL
- Building Alteryx workflows to transform data in preparation for reporting
- Design and development of business-focussed finance dashboards in Tableau
- Driving transformation across FS in line with our BI strategy
What we can Offer
- Opportunity to gain valuable experience in a core data analytics and reporting function
- Work in a small, agile team with access to managers where your ideas will be heard
- You’ll learn our core platform technologies (Tableau, Alteryx, SQL)
- Opportunity to develop professional skills (collaborative problem-solving and delivery)
- Connect with, work alongside, and learn from your highly capable colleagues at FS
- Flexibility to work around your studies, and part remote working
This internship will amount to $18,000 pro rata working 3 days a week for 6 months.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Banking and...
- Work rights:Australian Bridging Visa, Australian Permanent...
- Program Duration
$18,000 tax free scholarship
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:27th Jan 2023, 1:59 pm