Reporting to the Cyber Security Officer, the Cyber Security Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of GS1’s Cyber Security principles in to uplift cyber security posture.
- Protection of data and information security and monitoring for compliance
- Participate in written development and operational implementation of cyber security standards, baselines and procedures
- Work with application and service owners to verify implementation of controls and subsequently independently validate that controls are working as prescribed
- Assist the Cyber Security Officer to develop, tune and implement security controls
- Develop and perform regular security reviews and compliance checks to ensure adherence to adopted security standards
- Review and analyse security incident tickets
Skills/Knowledge a Graduate will gain
- Writing and presentation skills and be able to defend their analytical conclusions in logical and pervasive terms
- Working knowledge and experience with security systems including anti-malware, security event and incident management systems
- A good understanding of the CIA (Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability) triad for information and data protection
- A commitment to be up to date with emerging security threats, technologies and trends by monitoring information feeds for cyber Intelligence
- Working knowledge of information systems security policies, standards and practices (e.g., access control and system audit and log file monitoring, security policies, and incident handling)
- Well informed on mitigation strategies to limit the extent of cyber security incidents
Desired Experience and Business Skills
- Background in Information Security, either gained through working directly in an information security project, team or as a system/network analyst with security responsibilities
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Flexible 'can-do' and “hit the ground running” approach. Desire to improve personally and professionally.
- Good task and time management as well as prioritising skills
- The ability to monitor system and logs to analyse, detect and respond to security alerts, including potential security breaches
- Preference for applicants who has studied a Cyber Security or Information Security or related degree
- Degree or postgraduate award in these streams or equivalent:
- Network Security
- Computer science (with security options)
- Forensic Computing
- Business information systems
- ICT tertiary qualification in security certification like CompTIA Security+ will be highly regarded
This role amounts to $47,244.11 including superannuation for a Undergraduate/Postgraduate student working full-time at 35 hours per week for 52 weeks. The role is expected to be 24 months long.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Systems,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:15th Nov 2019, 12:59 pm