InSig Technologies is a fast growing Mining Technology company with a newly created role for a fast learning and enthusiastic Control Systems Engineer. The role will be based in their head office in Perth, on projects that will be developed and deployed to sites anywhere across the globe, specifically Africa’s, America’s and Asia Pacific, making this an exciting and unique opportunity.
You will be working with the Operational Technology and Hosting Services teams. The solutions you work on will provide control systems predominately but not limited to underground mining. You will be preparing project documentation such as functional descriptions, equipment and I/O list, testing plans and sheets, as well as programming PLC and HMI devices.
You will work with our control systems team and external consultants to design and test systems in Perth and at mine sites for commissioning.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Industrial automation solutions
- Preparation of technical documents from concept design to detailed specification and testing
- Ability to read and interpret and electrical and mechanical diagrams
- Familiar with industrial testing and commissioning
- Understanding in the application of Australian Standards and industry conventions
- Allen-Bradley PLC and SCADA experience
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a high-level ability to articulate and present complex concepts clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to work effectively under general direction, and to work collaboratively to achieve team and individual goals.
- High level of competence using MS Office™ software suite
- WA A Class Manual Driver’s license
- English speaking.
- Full working rights for Western Australia, Australia.
- Ability to successfully pass Police Check’s as required.
- Intellectual curiosity with the ability to question and problem solve.
- Must be willing to work in a dynamic environment, take on a challenge, and learn new skills wherever required.
- Understanding of TUV Functional Safety Engineering processes and principles
- Understanding of industrial network design and implementation
- Understanding of wireless communications systems
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Knowledge of the Mining technologies and Resources sector, particularly underground mining and powered winding systems.
Relevant bachelor degree qualification in Instrumentation & Control, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Software Development or a related discipline.
This Internship amounts to $17,000 tax-free for an Undergraduate working 40hrs a week for 6 months or pro-rata for part-time.
For more details contact Sarah Maiden:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0401 317 879
If you are having problems applying, please send an email to [email protected]
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechanical, Engineering Software
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Program duration
- Salary range
- Position start date
- Closing Date:29th Oct 2021, 12:59 pm