We are seeking a Data Engineer who has the experience, and a drive to develop their skills in, architecting, building, and managing modern data architectures to enable us to deliver cutting-edge machine learning and data science projects. As part of this role, you will work together with data scientists, machine learning engineers and management consultants using a combination of the latest cloud technologies and business strategies.
What you will be doing
- Securing, architecting, building, and managing modern data architectures to enable analytics/data science
- Designing, building, and managing data pipelines and ETL jobs
- Working collaboratively with data scientists to architect solutions that enable machine learning
- Helping scope data engineering pipelines by talking with clients, understanding their systems, and creating solutions
- Creating ETL scripts via SQL/HiveQL/SparkSQL
- Creating and hardening new AWS accounts and AWS landing zones
- Automate data pipeline and reporting processes
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the industry-leading pipelines you build
Tools/languages/systems you'll use
- AWS cloud
- Hive, Spark, Postgres, Presto
- Amazon EC2, EMR, S3, SageMaker, Lambda
- CI/CD frameworks
- Linux Shell
Studying computer science, robotics, maths, statistics, physics or related university degree.
This scholarship amounts to $38,000 tax-free for an Undergraduate student and $42,000 tax-free for a Postgraduate student, working 12 months full-time at 38 hours a week.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2020, 12:59 pm