Manufacturing Intelligence is a growing Perth-based company using cutting edge technologies to develop some very innovative products.
We are building a highly scalable, high-performance, cloud-native platform that will enable mining, oil and gas and manufacturing companies around the world to optimise their operations.
This is a rare opportunity to work with cloud-native technologies on a very large scale, not often found in the Australian software development sector.
We value forthright technical discussions.
Our technology stack includes:
- C# / .NET and C++
- Apache ActiveMQ Artemis
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Linux and Windows
The successful candidate will be presented the opportunity to work on one or both of the following projects:
- MI Spatial Intelligence – Work on the bleeding edge of Unity game engine development. We are seeking candidates who have already started delving into Unity’s core rebuild, incorporating the C# Job System, Entity Component System (ECS) and the Burst Compiler. You will be tasked with porting an existing Unity application to the new frameworks, while taking advantage of the new features and performance. Following this you will have a list of user-visible features to bring to the application.
- MI Tracking – This is a complex, fully asynchronous, single page web application (SPA) utilising modern web development technologies, backed by a high-performance, large-scale, autoscaling cluster, performing simulations of customers’ physical manufacturing processes.
- Programming experience in one of C#, Java, C++, Rust, Go or other strongly-typed language
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to tackle difficult challenges
- Strong mathematical foundations (especially geometry)
- Solid understanding of computer science theory, i.e. data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Good communication skills
- Strong desire to learn, and to perform self-focused research
Desired Experience/Business Skills
- Experience with C# and .Net Core (async/await a bonus)
- Experience with distributed programming, middleware, message passing and microservices
- Familiarity with Linux command line
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong database skills (PostgreSQL a bonus)
- Unity development (experience with ECS / C# Job System seen as a huge plus)
- Knowledge of Git workflows, branching and merging
- Experience working in collaborative design discussions
- A keen interest in distributed systems and cloud-native, autoscaling architectures
Qualifications - working towards an Australian University degree
We are seeking an undergraduate student studying one of the following majors or a similar programme:
- Computer science
- Software engineering
- Data science
- Web development
This scholarship amounts to $34,000 tax-free for Undergraduates at 12 months full time.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering Software
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:18th Sep 2019, 1:59 pm