News Corp Australia is the nation’s largest media company operating over 150 household name brands across print, digital and multimedia including The Daily Telegraph, The Australian and news.com.au. We are proud to be a central part of News Corp, a leading global network of powerful brands in news and information services, sports programming in Australia, digital real estate services, book publishing, digital education and pay-tv distribution in Australia including Fox Sports, Dow Jones, Harper Collins, Realestate.com.au and The Wall Street Journal.
This role is based in our Surry Hills based Head Office.
In your role as a Marketing Analytics Intern, you will assist the Marketing Analytics team, aiding in their reporting. Reports will address broad areas of the business including consumer, operational, financial & web analytics data. An important function of the role is to maintain an existing library of reports and the underlying reporting framework. Exciting opportunities exist to further develop the reporting framework to generate cross functional insights.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Creation and maintenance of in-depth reports to add value and insights to operational & consumer centric business initiatives
- Distribution of scheduled and ad-hoc report requests from a variety of business stakeholders
- Maintain data quality by designing, executing or managing appropriate test scripts
- Data extraction, manipulation & analysis for the purpose of migration or reconciliation
- Tableau dashboard development and report automation
- Data centric system enhancements including clarifying & documenting business requirements
- To carry out and implement new targeting models using appropriate data techniques
- Support Advertising Sales development by the delivery of best practice solutions in use of data to identify new business opportunities
- Interpret and communicate results from data analysis as recommendations to internal customers of varying levels of data literacy
- Standardise, design and deliver regular customer reports to track and analyse customer behaviour and Key Performance Indicators
As our Data Analyst Intern you will have solid understanding/experience in one or more of these:
- Database interrogation using a range of software tools (e.g. SQL, CRM, Tableau)
- Ability to work both independently and with internal staff and customers
- Logical and creative thinker with strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge in Business Intelligence, Big Data and web analytics products will be highly regarded.
- Solid understanding of Excel and basic statistics.
Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Commerce degree or equivalent from an Australian University.
News Corp Australia is evolving in response to the expectations and challenges of the digital world in which we now live. We have an amazing opportunity to reinvent our industry and redefine the future of media in Australia. We are passionate about what we do and proud of our heritage of world-class journalism and entrepreneurial spirit. Our environment is supportive and friendly, we encourage innovation, collaboration and creative thinking. If you thrive on being challenged and enjoy working in a fast-paced stimulating environment, come and join us on this incredible journey.
Please submit your CV or LinkedIn profile to be considered for this position. For more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit: www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers
The Scholarship amounts to $32k for undergraduate students and $36k for postgraduate students tax free, which will be paid fortnightly over the 12 month period.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Systems,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:11th Oct 2019, 12:59 pm