The Infrastructure Engineer will be hands on with a variety of technologies, predominately focused around network infrastructure and security. The role includes working with a highly skilled internal team, meeting with customers directly, providing services on fixed projects and support services to key contracts via the Companies service desk and consulting teams.
About RIoT Solutions
RIoT Solutions is a specialised integrator of robust and resilient Internet of Things (IoT) solutions within Australia. We provide the "Digital Plumbing" of Operational Technology (OT) and Information Technology (IT) infrastructures bringing together the industrial and IT networks through technical architecture, design, implementation, assessment, and managed services to deliver smart and connected outcomes.
With a local team of expert network architects and engineers and highly skilled cyber security consultants, RIoT Solutions addresses and supports these areas with a refreshing and professional approach. We are the experts at Securely Connecting Everything™ and are certified as an IoT integrator of network security infrastructure in Australia. Our success is based on our high calibre of people and specialised skills across both traditional IT and OT fields.
Our experience covers all areas of IP network design & architecture and security & risk assessments of enterprise networks and critical infrastructure consisting of potentially fragile network-connected devices such as Bio-medical devices, Real-Time SCADA, PLC’s, sensors, CCTV and other devices deployed in operational environments.
We hold a high level of expertise in Enterprise network and IoT technologies, validated architectures and industry specific solutions. RIoT Solutions are one of the few organisations in Australia that offer resources with ICS/SCADA security and industry specific training and certification such as CSSA (Certified SCADA Security Architect) and hold Advanced Specialised IoT certifications with many of our vendor partners. Our knowledge and experience in IoT IP based technologies is unique and unprecedented.
Duties include (but not be limited to):
- Establishing the secure networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards;
- Maximising network security performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network security problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation;
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources;
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access;
- the support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy;
- updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organisations;
- reporting operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects;
- upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases;
- the configuration of routing, switching and wireless equipment;
- the configuration of firewalls, EDR, IPS, SIEMs and other various IT security equipment;
- remote support of end users/customers during installation;
- remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation;
- liaising with sales teams, project teams, technical consultants and vendors on a regular basis;
- speaking with customers via email and phone directly for requirement capture of new solutions or support queries.
Applicant must be studying/ studied:
- Information Technology degree or certificate
- Vendor Certifications for example Cisco CCNA
- An up-to-date knowledge and understanding of our business and industry needs, as well as the technical demands;
- To recognise the importance of customer focus and/or of serving the needs of the end user;
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate;
- The skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail;
- Analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organisation;
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload;
- Work well under pressure.
The normal hours of work shall be 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
This scholarship amounts to $38 000 for an undergraduate and $42 000 for a graduate working full time.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Systems,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:11th Oct 2019, 12:59 pm