Software Developer Intern
Education Horizons is a leading Australian Edtech provider that provides K-12 schools with integrated, end-to-end teaching, learning and school management software solutions. Our solutions support children, parents, staff and the broader school community globally.
This position is within the functional area of Technology. The purpose of this area is to build and continually improve the Education Horizons Group suite of products.
Key Responsibilities and Areas of Authority
- Can work autonomously on a series of tasks. Focused on building business acumen to maximise impact within role.
- Consistently writes code that are easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors. Uses docstrings effectively.
- Understands the testing pyramid, and writes unit tests in accordance with it, as well as higher level tests with help from more senior engineers. Always tests expected edge cases and errors as well as the happy path.
- Designs functions that are aligned with the overall service architecture.
- Understands the importance of security. Utilises this knowledge to ask more senior engineers for help on making decisions that may have security implications.
- Before beginning work, ensures that tasks are appropriately sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery with help from teammates.
- Openly shares their opinions and contributes to discussions in a respectful manner, aligned with our Values. Is open to changing their perspective and plans based on others’ input. Focuses on finding a solution.
- Uses knowledge to work through decisions. Will proactively seek guidance when a risk presents.
- Proactively works to ensure tasks are delivered in alignment with Program Increment objectives.
Experience and Qualifications
- React and Node.js (Typescript)
- Familiarity with SQL/relational DBs like PostgreSQL
- Exposure to Redis/Memcached[DN4]
- Exposure to Docker, docker-compose or AWS [DN5] technologies (Fargate, API Gateway, Lambdas)
- Exposure to GraphQL
Skills and Personal attributes
- Works to help team members overcome key challenges to ensure broader team objectives are delivered, under the guidance of more senior engineers.
- Works to build strong relationships with the Technology team and with their Product counterparts.
- Strives to be objective and reflect on their own biases when making decisions. Holds themselves accountable for decisions and outcomes.
- Seeks out mentorship to grow their own experience. Will share information with the team to help support others' development.
- Can communicate effectively with a diverse team. Fosters a culture of clear, concise, effective, audience-oriented communication on their team by actively demonstrates these behaviours.
Closed a month ago
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Engineering...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Locations:Regional New South...
- Program duration
- Closing Date:10th Feb 2023, 12:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.