The Information Technology Graduate is responsible for undertaking activities and tasks as directed to contribute to the achievement of group and success of group strategies to meet customer, community and regulatory requirements. The Information Technology Graduate will participate in a rotation programme through Business Technology Services teams.
The Business Technology Services branch is responsible for the delivery and support of Information Technology.
This position is a key part of the BTS team and through the graduate program, the incumbent responsibilities may include
- delivery of systems analysis, and application support services to all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- undertake the design, development and deployment of software solutions.
- help maintain operational infrastructure including 300 servers (physical and virtual) and over 1000 PC users, business systems (many of them mission-critical), Windows administration, Information Security, Computer Room operations and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- provision of business analysis, requirements management and testing services across projects and IT initiatives/application releases related to delivering application enhancements.
Degree-level qualifications in Information Technology or appropriate related discipline is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Written communication – ability to prepare business requirement and technical specifications
- Verbal communication – ability to present and discuss technical information to business audiences; ability to exchange information, inform and influence others and gain their cooperation
- Problem-solving – ability to exercise independent professional judgment in recognizing and solving problems relying on experience/policies/procedures; expanding, and adapting those policies and procedures if required
- Technical - undertake complex technical work under professional supervision and normal technical work without supervision
- Project management – participate in projects as an active team member; plan and project manage smaller projects; utilize project management methodology and tools
- Computer skills – ability to undertake work using computer systems including data entry, advanced spreadsheets /word processing
- Research – manage and participate in the research and development activities of the group
- Customer service – build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
This Graduate role amounts to $73,247 plus superannuation for a graduate working 38 hours a week for a 3-year fixed-term contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Systems,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2020, 1:59 pm