Participate on a support desk for managed service customers with a focus on Enterprise Data Backup services for some of the largest brands in Australia. The successful candidate will be provided with appropriate mentoring and training to be part of an innovative business who provide cloud based and datacentre hosting to large commercial organisations. Career progression to the right candidate will be available to provide cloud infrastructure engineering and consulting.
The day to day tasks will be performing the following:
- Data Restore processes
- Backup environment configuration changes
- Performance tuning (in consultation with senior engineers)
- Problem troubleshooting (in consultation with senior engineers)
- User Account Creations
- Problem escalation and call routing
The criteria for selecting the candidate will be (in order of priority):
- Cultural Fit within the organisation
- Attitude and work ethic
- Communication Skills
- Demonstration for ability to retain and apply knowledge (IT degree with good marks is a good benchmark qualification)
- Previous technical background and proven track record
- Impeccable Communication Skills - both written and spoken
- A keen interest and understanding in cloud and infrastructure hosting, we are not looking for a candidate who has a preference for a different IT discipline i.e. Security or Programming/Development
- Solid education for IT fundamentals i.e. Networking, System design, security principles
- Windows and Linux Operating System experience desirable
- Database Experience desirable
- Excellent time management skills
- Positive Attitude
Applicant must be studying an Information Technology/Computer Science degree (or equivalent).
This role requires a candidate who has appropriate residency for a 12 month engagement, there is also a possibility for future sponsorship for Visa for the right candidate.
The applicant must be currently enrolled in an appropriate University program to be eligible for this scholarship.
This role amounts to $38,000 for Undergraduates and $42,000 for Postgraduates working 38 hours a week for 12 months.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Systems,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:11th Oct 2019, 12:59 pm