About The Company
Western Power builds, maintains and operates the electricity network in the South West and Metropolitan WA, bringing power to residential and business customers.
Western Power is offering a 12-month Work Integrated Learning scholarship for a budding Systems Analyst to join their Metering Business System (MBS) Functional Support Team, based primarily at their Perth Head Office.
The successful candidate will be responsible in providing quality functional support for MBS and associated systems and will gain experience and expertise in the Western Power residential and industrial metering systems. Functional support covers all aspects of the end user experience, effective integration with business procedures and processes, management of system enhancements and defects to ensure that it is optimised for business needs.
The successful candidate will be involved in troubleshooting, highlighting defects, suggesting solutions, and extracting data for reporting and analysis from existing system databases. This role would suit someone with an interest in systems analysis and who would like to develop and enhance both business IT and people skills.
- Solid computer IT/IS skills;
- Well-developed analytical skills;
- Good understanding of database schema and SQL;
- Ability to understand and develop business processes;
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver to service level agreements;
- Strong customer and retailer focus with a desire to build relationships for the long term;
- Good team player;
- Willing to take ownership of issues and see them through to a resolution with minimal supervision.
You must be studying toward a recognised qualification in Information Technology / Information Systems at an Australian University.
This scholarship amounts to $38,000 tax-free for 12 months (Full-time).
Open to Australian Permanent Residents and Citizens.
Send your resume, cover letter, current transcript and proof of residency to Sarah Maiden at [email protected] or call 0401 317 879.
- Job type:Internships
Information Systems, Information Technology
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2020, 12:59 pm