This position is primarily responsible for working collaboratively with our Project and Service Delivery teams to deliver an exceptional level of customer service to internal and external stakeholders. The Wintel Systems Engineer is also required to communicate extensively with our clients in person and via the phone to implement technical solutions on time and within budget.
The role of Wintel Systems Engineer will be required to carry out the following tasks;
- Assist technically in monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of client environments and Computer Merchants infrastructure, ensuring highest level of systems availability;
- Assist in managing Computer Merchants own use infrastructure including server and storage capacity management, security, patching and end-point protection;
- Manage to resolution all assigned incident, requests, events and changes;
- Liaise with vendors and other IT partners for problem resolution;
- Perform hardware builds, configurations and test services as per Scope of Work requirements. This may include operating systems, licensing and applications;
- Create, modify and review Documentation and distribute to appropriate stakeholders;
- Perform field services technical work including but not limited to installations, cabling, testing, migration and auditing services;
- Perform system upgrades as required; VMware knowledge highly regarded.
- Participate in the on-call roster to provide on-call support to Managed Service clients.
This position interacts with the following stakeholders:
- Staff from all departments;
- Suppliers/ vendors; and
- Business partners
The Wintel Systems Engineer will be reporting to the Service Delivery Manager.
This role amounts to $38,000 for Undergraduates and $42,000 for Postgraduates working for 12 months.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Systems,...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2020, 1:59 pm