“We’re looking for graduates with drive, energy and focus who have a passion for public service. Because our values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration and Innovation are central to the way we deliver outcomes for the ACT community, we particularly want to hear from graduates with whom those values resonate.
Our Program is about exposing graduates to new and different experiences; if you are open to those experiences and willing to step outside your comfort zone, we encourage you to apply. We are also committed to building a diverse workforce and applications from People with Disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged.”
To be eligible for the ACTPS Graduate Program you must meet the following requirements:
- By attendance at the assessment centre you must be able to show proof of:
- an Australian citizenship; or
- permanent residency; or
- New Zealand residency with an appropriate visa (SCV).
- By December 31st 2019, prior to commencement you must:
- have completed a minimum Bachelors degree within the past five years (no earlier than January 1st 2015);
- Qualifications must have been completed at a recognised Australian university OR be recognised in Australia if they were completed overseas (find more information here).
- Non Inclusion candidates must have achieved a credit average in your degree and you must include your current WAM or GPA when submitting your application.
How to apply
Applications will be available online between 1st April – 26th May 2019. - Handy tip: Do not leave it until the last minute to submit your application; if you experience technical issues this may mean your application does not reach us within the required timeframe. No exceptions will be made.
Follow these steps to complete and submit your application:
- Log on to the online application form between 1st April – 26th May 2019
- Respond to the selection criteria question (500 word limit), which is included in the application.
- Attach a certified copy of your academic transcript.
- Attach a current CV including details of two referees
- If applicable, attach evidence of your permanent residency status.
You will receive a notification once your application has been lodged and a reference number will be provided. Please retain this for your records.
Note: If you identify as a Person with a Disability or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Person we encourage you to apply through our dedicated Inclusions Program, by identifying on your application.
Applicants can apply for a maximum of two streams if you have double qualifications. Apply for the two streams which best suit your qualifications.
|1 April||Applications open at 10am.|
|28 April 2019||Open Application closed|
|26 May 2019||Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Inclusion Graduate Position and Persons with a Disability Inclusion Graduate Position Applications close at 11:59 pm|
|May 2019||Applications checked for eligibility.|
|May/June 2019||Applications shortlisted.|
|July 2019||Shortlisted applicatnts contacted and invitied to assessment center. Non shortlisted/ineligible candidates advised by email.|
|Late August 2019||Assessment centers in Canberra (attendance is required or your application will no longer be considered).|
|September 2019||Successful applicants decided.|
|Septemeber/October 2019||Offers to successful graduates.|
|3 February 2020||Graduates start working in the ACTPS.|