This role provides a unique opportunity into the Adbri business and Graduate Program, through a large-scale capital project, the Kwinana Upgrade Project.
Adbri has invested $199 million into the Kwinana Upgrade Project to consolidate our two existing cement production sites to create a state-of-the-art single operation.
Initially, you will be part of the integrated owners team established to successfully deliver the project. You will be actively involved in the project and be supported by a diverse and experienced project team who will support you in developing construction and project skills. On completion of the project, you will transition into the operational business and Graduate Program.
We are committed to ensuring our graduates have the best possible start towards a successful, rewarding career and feel supported throughout their time with us.
- Adhere to all Health, Safety & Environmental compliance requirements established by the project and business
- Participate in HSE audits, interactions, and reviews to gain a greater understanding of the importance of HSE in the workplace
- Support the Senior Engineers and Engineering Manager
- Maintain appropriate quality and procurement systems for long lead procurement items
- Participate in contractor meetings, design reviews, progress and commercial meetings
- Explore technology, sustainability, and productivity opportunities in all aspects of project execution
- Assist with responses to requests for information or technical queries generated by contractors
- Provide meaningful input in schedule reviews, including updates for design and construction contractors
What you will need to succeed
- A completed degree in Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering
- Good undergraduate work experience, preferably in a relevant field
- Resilience, maturity, and a sense of accountability
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities successfully
- A positive, inquisitive nature with the drive to exceed expectations
- Please attach a copy of your academic transcripts to your application
- Creating and supporting a diverse workforce
Cockburn Cement recognises that diversity in our workforce drives innovation, encourages creativity and better equips us to respond to the challenges facing our industry. We are committed to increasing diversity within our workforce and our industry as a whole and as such, we welcome and strongly encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
Cockburn Cement is the leading Western Australian manufacturer of cement, lime and packaged cement and drymix products. We supply the construction, mining and agricultural industries and with the emergence of major global resource industries, have become a major supplier of lime for alumina, gold and mineral sands processing industries. Our major manufacturing operations are located at Munster, Kwinana, Dongara and Woodman Point with smaller plants and depots in regional locations.
Cockburn Cement is a fully owned entity of Adbri Limited; a constructions materials and industrial minerals manufacturing company who has been building a better Australia since 1882. Adbri's portfolio of respected brands employs over 1500 people nationally and provides the cement, lime, concrete, aggregates, concrete products and industrial minerals that allows us to be always ready for the next challenge.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:15th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm