ABT Group is looking for an eager Accounts Assistant to work within its suite of Companies, ranging from one of Australia’s largest independent dealerships for Copiers, Printers, and Multi-Functional Devices to an Australia wide equipment finance company.
The successful applicant will be based at our Head Office in Coorparoo, Brisbane, Queensland.
This role will see the successful applicant assist with completing various accounting and finance functions. The applicant should also be prepared to assist with general administration functions from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- AP and AR processing, debt collection
- Bank and General Ledger Reconciliations
- Assist in month-end procedures - Month-end reconciliations, posting of prepayment & accrual journals
- Preparation of Monthly Balance Sheet & Profit & Loss and relevant paperwork
- BAS preparation
- Perform other duties as required to support all members of the finance team
- Other general admin and accounting functions as required.
- Evidence of current enrolment/recently completed studies in a Business (Accounting) Degree – must have completed at least first year of degree
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Exposure to accounting and related software solution programs
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
- Current knowledge of accounting standards, principles and practice
- Excellent attention to detail, professional attitude, reliable
- Be self-driven and ability to consistently meet all deadlines
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage workload and adapt to changing circumstances
If this role appeals to you and you have the required skillset and abilities and would like to work within a close-knit team environment, please apply with a covering letter and detailed resume outlining your skills, attributes and suitability for this position via SEEK
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:8th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm