Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH), fondly known as 'the San', is operated by Adventist HealthCare – a Christian not-for-profit organization. The San is NSW’s largest private hospital with over 700 beds, employing over 2300 staff, 500 volunteers and 1000 accredited medical officers.
Caring for the community since 1903, the hospital’s reputation for exceptional care is built on the continuous provision of leading medical & surgical care, supported by the expertise, commitment and compassion of our people, and our faith-based approach to caring for the whole person – which is reflected in our Mission ‘Christianity in Action – caring for the body, mind and spirit of our patients, colleagues, community and ourselves’.
Full Time Contract Role, 3 months initially
This role is to assist the Health Fund Relationship Manager to ensure health fund audits are completed in a timely manner, with accuracy, and with minimal financial impact on AHCL.
The role specifically involves actively participating in the end-to-end process of responding to health fund audits in line with the contract rules specific to each of the agreements between AHCL and the respective health funds.
- Support the Health Fund Relationship Manager in the management and monitoring of AHCL audit compliance with health fund contracts and report to the Health Fund Relationship Manager any variances and non-compliance.
- Accountable for implementing the audit program to review and monitor AHCL’s compliance with responsibilities under various health fund contracts in relation to billing accuracy, repayments to health funds and penalties for clinical variation.
- Be an advocate for AHCL throughout health fund audits in order to minimise revenue recoveries by health funds.
- Recommend process improvements to Health Fund Relationship Manager.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
Qualifications in Nursing and experience within the Healthcare Industry.
- Knowledge of the Private Health Insurance Industry within Australia and a broad clinical knowledge of all aspects of Healthcare including medical, surgical and prostheses.
Enquiries should be addressed to:
- Claire Walter, Health Funds Relationship Manager
- Ph: 0428 153 721
- Email: [email protected]
Please forward applications, including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and current curriculum vitae via email to Claire Walter as per above.
Applications Close: 5:00pm Wednesday, 9 June 2021
NOTE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received so early applications are favourable.
The following check will be carried out on all prospective employees applying for positions that have been identified as working with children – national criminal record; apprehended violence orders; and completed disciplinary proceedings in previous employment.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Accounting, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:24th May 2021, 7:00 am