Delivering a better world.
At AECOM we’re driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world. Our clients count on us to think without limits and we partner with them on projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, public realm, energy and the environment, to build legacies for generations to come.
AECOM’s Urbanism and Planning team includes landscape architects, architects, planners and urban designers within our highly regarded and talented Perth office covering a multitude of projects across the city. Due to current workload and a strong pipeline of projects, the Perth studio is currently seeking an aspiring Graduate Landscape Architect to join the team in a full-time capacity. The successful candidate will be working on a diverse mix of public realm, infrastructure and urban renewal work with a project design and delivery focus. This role will suit someone who has recently graduated or is early in their career and is passionate about landscape architecture. We seek a candidate who is self-motivated, keen to learn and build on technical skills and loves working within a team to deliver great project outcomes. This is a great opportunity to learn, develop and accelerate your career by working and learning with a team of reliable professionals.
We are looking for a motivated professional who is beginning their career journey who has strong attention to detail with well-developed interpersonal, presentation and communication skills who is able to maintain productive working relationships at all levels. Our team is driven to deliver for our Clients, working diligently with each other in a close-knit and collaborative team environment. The successful candidate will be a team player, have a passion for what they do and show great enthusiasm through their work. Other attributes we seek include:
- Good communication skills and being comfortable working collaboratively in a team studio environment (both in person, and virtually e.g. MS Teams)
- A proactive, positive and enthusiastic attitude with a drive to deliver high-quality project outcomes for our Clients
- Multi-tasking and a proficiency in time-management on day-to-day tasks
- Strong design ability with growing confidence across a range of technical skills and software packages (e.g. AutoCAD and Revit)
- A strong team ethic, a willingness to learn and a desire to produce good work in a dynamic, team environment to meet the needs of our Clients.
- Ideas have no borders and this ethos is embedded in our culture. As a graduate, you will have the chance to work alongside like-minded professionals and industry leaders on iconic projects that help shape and connect our cities and communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- A strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn, and a desire to work in a dynamic deadline-driven environment
- Qualified to Bachelor’s degree level in Landscape Architecture, or similar Master’s degree
- Demonstrated use of design tools e.g. AutoCAD, Adobe Graphic Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) as well as MS Office Suite
- Some experience in three dimensional (3D) modelling packages (3D AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Lumion) is advantageous
- An understanding of local Perth plant species and their growing requirements
- Hand sketching and graphic layout skills are also advantageous.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Architecture, Consulting, Engineering
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:1st Sep 2022, 12:59 pm