AECOM’s New Zealand Sustainability & Resilience (S&R) team delivers high quality, cutting edge services to clients who are shaping our future. We are seeking a Graduate/Professional level consultant to join our team of diverse, supportive, industry-leading professionals. You would have the opportunity to work on unique, impactful projects to help our clients and communities reduce their environmental impacts and adjust to future climate change, such as:
- NZ’s first National Climate Change Risk Assessment, which will set NZ’s priorities for climate adaptation for years to come. Our team is the lead consultant delivering this work.
- Carbon emission reduction strategies for councils and businesses. Our team has a long track record of delivering this work in NZ and internationally.
We are a diverse team that values diverse perspectives. We invest in our team members, providing mentoring, technical guidance and opportunities to engage in large scale, city/country shaping projects which improve people’s lives and keep them out of harm’s way. We deliver projects that no one else in our industry is doing and are sought after by our clients because we deliver high-quality work, informed by global best practice. We care about each other, our communities and their future.
This role requires a flexible, structured and analytical thinker who wants to develop a career as part of a high performing, motivated and ambitious team. We are also seeking someone who will be willing to work across a wide diversity of projects, including, from time to time, projects with other AECOM teams. You will be responsible for managing project workflows and delivering on commitments to the highest standard.
You will be an excellent verbal and written communicator and have strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and want to work in a fast-paced, supportive team environment.
You are an enthusiastic individual with a commitment to both individual and team continued professional development. Ideally, you are a forward-thinking individual with technical foundations and an interest in sustainability outside of the workforce.
- Experience in a sustainability role and an understanding of current industry trends related to climate change and sustainable development is desirable
- Be passionate about sustainable development and a low carbon future and have a strong interest in fostering change for the better
- Be an excellent communicator (both written and verbal)
- Have knowledge and experience with climate mitigation and/or adaptation
- Experience with infrastructure sustainability rating tools (e.g. Greenroads or ISCA), 3rd-party environmental auditing or verification would be beneficial.
- Experience working on business or government sustainability and climate change policy will be an advantage.
- Have a degree in environmental science, environmental engineering or sustainability management. Applicants with post-graduate qualifications will be preferred.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Environmental
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country New Zealand
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 227156BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Job type:Scholarships
Engineering Environmental, Environment
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen,...
Wellingtoonn (New Zealand)
- Closing Date:15th Nov 2019, 12:59 pm