About the Job
The Marketing Specialist (INTERN) is responsible for industry and vertical market intelligence for Akamai in the Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) region. The intern will be based in Sydney, Australia and support cross functional teams throughout the region. The role will also have the ability to translate market opportunity into identifying sales results.
About the Team
The Marketing Centre of Excellence is a multifunctional marketing team that focuses on multiple marketing disciplines for the global marketing organizations including market intelligence, account development, creative and web services, marketing campaign management and marketing operations. You will be a part of the highly visible and dynamic team of 100+ marketing professionals who are helping Akamai with growth opportunities by intelligently applying marketing principles in a highly dynamic market place
- Support implementation of marketing research and analysis programs that help identify growth opportunities for Akamai solutions in the web, media, security and cloud networking market place.
- Provides analysis of current and potential marketing and strategic initiatives to identify key insights and opportunities.
- Identifies market data trends and leading indicators that influence strategic and tactical decisions across the industries
- Works closely with the account development and marketing operations departments to provide with relevant industry and competitive information.
- Makes presentations to Senior Management on Marketing Intelligence findings and makes strategic recommendations based on the aggregation and analysis of relevant, high-quality data.
- Keeps abreast of changing industry trends and demographics and other relevant issues and informs peers and upper management in a timely manner.
- Develops creative metrics and methods to push timely and relevant information to various audiences in a user- friendly manner, (e.g. dashboards and intranet news site), in order to constantly raise the organization’s Market and Industry IQ
- Actively supports the translation of market intelligence into impactful sales / strategic results through deep interaction w/ the teams requesting data.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Finance or other relevant business field
- Strong analytical skills with ability to translate abstract data into meaningful intelligence
- Must currently be attending University in Australia
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, results-driven team environment, with the ability to build positive win-win relationships with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills