What you’ll do as a Graduate Trader at Akuna:
Our traders are bright, maths-savvy, competitive, and ambitious! Joining us as a graduate trader, we don’t need you to have any finance or trading experience. What we are looking for is grit and a strong desire to learn in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for potential, a desire to compete and people who want to make an immediate impact in our growing firm. We value strong mental maths, great communication, and a passion for problem solving and finding creative solutions.
Start dates: January 2022 & August 2022
Training: You will begin with our 6-week Akuna Training Program, with lectures, projects, mock trading games and job shadowing. We will teach you all about market making, financial acumen, Options Greeks, risk management, our systems and of course - lots more. You will then rotate between desks within options, delta 1, currency and wholesale trader areas to find your best fit.
Full-time compensation packages starting at $100K AUD.
Requirements for this role:
- Australian or NZ citizen or Australian Permanent residences only
- University Degree, graduating before August 2022 and within the last 3 years
- Quick mental maths, pattern recognition, and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn about financial markets and economic theories
- Risk appetite & ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, team environment
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Economics or related degrees
- Distinction Average or proven strong academics
- Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Achievements outside of studies through your hobbies & interests
- Work experience that enhanced your communication, problem solving, analytical, and teamwork skills
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen,...
- Closing Date:30th May 2021, 1:59 pm