What you’ll do as a Graduate Quantitative Researcher at Akuna:
Our Quantitative Team are a mixture of mathematicians, statisticians and technologists that find solutions to problems. We create trading models and strategies scientifically by combining our quantitative expertise with an understanding of derivatives and financial markets. We are seeking graduates to join the team to apply their quantitative skills to exciting problem. You don't need a background in finance or trading, instead we look for maths and coding skills.
Our Quantitative Researchers work closely with our developers and traders to analyse and predict all facets of derivative pricing and develop trading strategies using statistical and machine learning algorithms. They create, conduct, and analyse experiments to develop a deep understanding of derivatives and financial markets, test solutions using historical parameters and market data, and perform extensive data analysis to directly improve our trading strategies, design and implement optimisation algorithms for portfolio construction, and advances existing initiatives to explore opportunities for new research topics.
If this sounds interesting to you, apply now! We are looking for people who have innovative ideas, think analytically, and have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to make an immediate impact in our growing company and contribute to Akuna’s strategy portfolio.
Start dates: February 2022- Mid 2023
Training: We always have new projects and look to bring on our juniors all throughout the year. As a junior, you will be paired with a mentor to work together on your first project, and we offer extensive training opportunities to learn about market making, our systems, and financial theories such as Options Greeks and Black Scholes methods.
Requirements for this role:
- Australian or NZ citizen or Australian Permanent residences only
- University Degree: graduated anytime in the last 3 years or finished your studies by Dec 2022
- An understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Basic programming skills in Python or C++
- Strong maths skills: able to apply concepts of probability, calculus and linear algebra
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to run a project in a fast paced, team environment
- Financial experience or studies are NOT a requirement
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related degrees
- Distinction Average & proven strong academics
- Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Experience in research within an academic or professional environment
- Achievements outside of studies through your hobbies & interests
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Data Science and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:2nd Jun 2022, 1:48 am