What you'll do as Graduate Trader at Akuna:
Our traders are bright, well-rounded thinkers, competitive, and ambitious! Joining us as a Graduate Trader means you don't need to have any finance or trading experience. We are looking for individuals with potential, a desire to compete and drive to create immediate impact in our growing firm.
Akuna is one of the youngest and fastest growing firms, with trading teams in traditional finance as well as emerging crypto and defi markets. Our Juniors are trusted with more responsibility and opportunity to advance quickly in your career. We have brilliant young people leading some of our largest desks and have a number of desks in development.
We're committed to providing collaborative & valuable mentorship from our experienced Traders that will help you to learn quickly, find value from our Akunacademy program and make an immediate impact on the business.
Start dates: August 2022 & February 2023
Trader Training Program: Your learning is important to us! You will begin our 6-week Akuna Training Program with lectures, projects, written assessments, mock trading games and job shadowing. We will teach you all about:
- Market Making
- Options Greeks
- Risk Management
- Proprietary systems.
Guided by our experienced traders, mock market games will teach you how to value futures and options, hedge your risk, and get comfortable with option combinations, all while staking real money as you compete against your peers.
Graduates will develop their technical skills (coding is not a requirement!) via statistics-based projects aimed at solving real problems being faced by our trading teams. These might involve conducting analysis and constructing models using python and excel or building interactive trading tools with VBA macros for implementation on our desks.
We place young traders with teams so that they can get experience and build and broaden their skills, and eventually select where we believe they can have the biggest impact and career growth. Our team values strong mental maths, great communication, a passion for problem solving and finding creative solutions. If you're ready to challenge yourself at an exiting firm with opportunity to grow and develop, Akuna is the place for you!
Requirements for this role:
- Australian or NZ citizen or Australian Permanent residences only
- University Degree: graduated within the last 3 years or finishing your studies by January 2023
- Quick mental maths, pattern recognition, and probability skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn about financial markets and economic theories
- Risk appetite & ability to work well under pressure in a face paced, team environment
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Economics or related degrees
- Distinction Average or proven strong academics
- Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Achievements outside of studies through your hobbies & interests
- Work experience that enhanced your communication, problem solving, analytical, and teamwork skills
Do you have strong Quantitative skills? We hire Junior Quantitative Traders & Researchers that need to have both Maths & Coding skills, so if you have these skills, apply to our Quant team as this might be the best fit for you!
Programming skills in Python or C++ is a must, studies or projects in Data analytic, Big Data, Machine Learning, or related fields.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Data Science and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:2nd Jun 2022, 1:16 am