What you’ll do as a Quantitative Research Intern at Akuna:
Our Quantitative Team are a mixture of mathematicians, statisticians and technologists that find solutions to problems. We create trading models and strategies scientifically by combining our quantitative expertise with an understanding of derivatives and financial markets. We are seeking interns to join the team to apply their quantitative skills to exciting problem. You don't need a background in finance or trading, instead we look for maths and coding skills.
Our Quantitative Researchers work closely with our developers and traders to analyse and predict all facets of derivative pricing and develop trading strategies using statistical and machine learning algorithms. They create, conduct, and analyse experiments to develop a deep understanding of derivatives and financial markets, test solutions using historical parameters and market data, and perform extensive data analysis to directly improve our trading strategies, design and implement optimisation algorithms for portfolio construction, and advances existing initiatives to explore opportunities for new research topics.
This internship will include a mixture of Akunacademy training sessions, project work, and mentoring opportunities. If this sounds interesting to you, apply now! We are looking for people who have innovative ideas, think analytically, and have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to make an immediate impact in our growing company and contribute to Akuna’s strategy portfolio.
Internship dates: 8-10 weeks from December 2021- February 2022
This is a paid internship with an annual salary of $100K AUD pro rata for the summer. We, further, provide travel and housing for anyone not living in Sydney.
Requirements for this role:
- Australian or NZ citizen or Australian Permanent residences only
- University Degree, graduating between August 2022 and January 2023
- An understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Basic programming skills in Python or C++
- Strong maths skills: able to apply concepts of probability, calculus and linear algebra
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to run a project in a fast paced, team environment
- Financial experience or studies are NOT a requirement
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related degrees
- Distinction Average & proven strong academics
- Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Experience in research within an academic or professional environment
- Achievements outside of studies through your hobbies & interests
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:30th May 2021, 1:59 pm