Our Developers are innovative, self-starters, and strong communicators. They are driven, adaptable, and creative problem solvers that make a real impact at Akuna. Our Developers work closely in a team-based approach with our trading and quant teams to design and implement elegant solutions to complex and interesting problems. We believe that teamwork is vital for success in this industry.
Our Development team use cutting-edge technology while working on high performance/low latency systems. If you are excited to jump in and make a difference, Akuna could be the place for you! Within Development we hire into three teams. As you progress through the application process you will be able to let us know your interests and we will be able to find your best fit.
Trading Systems Team
Our Trading Systems team collaborate with our trading and other development teams on applications that have critical, low-latency processes and where C++ is used for the computational heavy lifting. This team focuses on analysis, design, implementation, testing and delivery of Akuna’s proprietary trading platform and works closely with our industry-leading team of options traders.
Quant & Valuations Team
Our Quant & Valuations team works closely with our quant research and trading teams on low latency quantitative models, backtesting infrastructure, and trading systems. This team uses a mix of C++ and Python in a variety of projects including trading system development, performance engineering, data analysis, and dataset development.
User Interface Team
Start dates: January 2022 & August 2022
Training: You will begin your career with our development training program. This program will teach you everything you need to know about the trading industry, financial theories, and option market making. You will have lectures, workshops and intensive session to develop your coding skills, learn about our systems and build your technical skills. You will also be paired with a mentor to work together on your first project, and we offer extensive training to learn about market making, our systems, and financial theories.
Full-time compensation packages start at $100K AUD.
Requirements for this role:
- Australian or NZ citizen or Australian Permanent residences
- VISA: If you are a visa holder, you need full working rights that lead to PR, such as the Graduate Work Visa 485. Akuna does not offer sponsorship for this position
- University Degree, graduating before August 2022 and within the last 3 years
- Ability to code in your chosen language: Python, C++, C#, or Java
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Passion for innovation and building systems from the ground up
- Analytical problem-solving and adaptability
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to obtain requirements and find solutions
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or related degrees
- Distinction Average & proven strong academics
- Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Achievements outside of studies through your hobbies & interests
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2022 (approx)
- accepts international
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:31st May 2021, 1:59 pm