What you’ll do as a Software Developer at Akuna:
Our Developers are innovative, self-starters, and strong communicators. They are driven, adaptable, and creative problem solvers that make a real impact at Akuna. Our Developers work closely in a team-based approach with our trading and quant teams to design and implement elegant solutions to complex and interesting problems. We believe that teamwork is vital for success in this industry.
Our Development team use cutting-edge technology while working on high performance/low latency systems. If you are excited to jump in and make a difference, Akuna could be the place for you! Within Development we hire into three teams. As you progress through the application process you will be able to let us know your interests and we will be able to find your best fit.
Trading Systems Team
Our Trading Systems team collaborate with our trading and other development teams on applications that have critical, low-latency processes and where C++ is used for the computational heavy lifting. This team focuses on analysis, design, implementation, testing and delivery of Akuna’s proprietary trading platform and works closely with our industry-leading team of options traders.
Quant & Valuations Team
Our Quant & Valuations team works closely with our quant research and trading teams on low latency quantitative models, backtesting infrastructure, and trading systems. This team uses a mix of C++ and Python in a variety of projects including trading system development, performance engineering, data analysis, and dataset development.
User Interface Team
This internship will include a mixture of Akunacademy training sessions, coding classes, project work, and mentoring opportunities. If this sounds interesting to you, apply now! We are looking for people who have innovative ideas, think analytically, and have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to make an immediate impact in our growing company and contribute to Akuna’s strategy portfolio.
Internship dates: 8-10 weeks from December 2021- February 2022
This is a paid internship with an annual salary of $100K AUD pro rata for the summer. We, further, provide travel and housing for anyone not living in Sydney.
Requirements for this role:
- Australian or NZ citizen or Australian Permanent residences only
- University Degree graduating between August 2022 and January 2023
- Ability to code in your chosen language: Python, C++, C#, or Java
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Passion for innovation and building systems from the ground up
- Analytical problem-solving and adaptability
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to obtain requirements and find solutions
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or related degrees
- Distinction Average & proven strong academics
- Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Achievements outside of studies through your hobbies & interests
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- POSITION START DATE
Dec 2021 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:31st May 2021, 1:59 pm