Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 39 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
This is a time of unprecedented change. At Allens, we're ready. With a legacy that spans 200 years, we've pioneered significant change. It's a part of who we are.
Our people go further to support our clients, using sharp commercial insight and creativity to enrich long?standing relationships and build new ones. We go further for each other and our community. We're people you want to work with: we're generous with our time and ready to help. No matter what the future holds, we're in it together.
This year we have, once again, been recognised as a top law firm by both GradAustralia and the Australian Association of Graduate Employers (AAGE), by our graduates and our clerks.
With us, you'll be one step ahead. Great change is here. Are you ready?
Our clerkship program
For a head start in your career, apply for a clerkship in our Sydney office. You'll work with some of the most experienced lawyers in Australia and encounter first-hand the type of work you could do as a lawyer at Allens. You'll get to be part of a team, assisting with real matters. Your performance coach and buddy will be there to support you, help you make the most of your clerkship, get to know our people, and thrive.
We believe that we stand out as an employer because of our high-quality technical training and excellent learning environment. We'll work with you to develop your understanding of commercial law and build your skills, providing the foundation you need to become a successful lawyer. You'll be involved in some of the market's most complex domestic and global transactions.
We offer ten and five week clerkships in summer:
- Ten week clerkship over summer. Monday 28 November 2022 - Friday 17 February 2023. This will give you the chance to experience two different practice groups.
- Five week clerkship starting in either the first or second rotation. You will have the opportunity to work in one practice group.
Our clerkship program is a stepping stone to bigger things - most clerks go on to become graduates with us. Here is a quick rundown of what you can look forward to:
- a personalised induction program that introduces you to our people and the work we do;
- on-the-job training with support from a partner and a junior lawyer, who will act as your performance coach and buddy;
- learning opportunities across practice areas and partners, as we don't work in silos;
- the chance to work on real matters with many of Australia's and the world's top 100 companies;
- the opportunity to get involved in community and pro bono work, and learn about our committees and interest groups;
- the chance to learn about working within our alliance with Linklaters and about secondment opportunities;
- seminars that will build a strong foundation of skills to help you become an excellent lawyer and thrive in our ever?changing world;
- social events, where you will really get to know us; and
- the opportunity to network with some of the best in the profession.
In light of COVID-19, aspects of the recruitment process traditionally run face-to-face in the Sydney office may be run virtually. Currently we are hoping that interviews will be run - in a hybrid way either face to face or via MS Teams and all events will be in person.
Applications are open to students who are in their penultimate and final year of their law degree. Applications will close at 11:55pm (AEST) on Friday, 15 July 2022. Please address your application to Lisa Millar, Early Careers Manager. For further information, visit our website or email [email protected].
- Job type:Clerkships
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Student...
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:15th Jul 2022, 1:55 pm