Allens is a leading international commercial law firm. We have offices across Australia and Asia and a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
This year we have been ranked top law firm by both GradAustralia and the Australian Association of Graduate Employers (AAGE), by our graduates and our clerks.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. With us, you’ll be one step ahead. Great change is here. Are you ready?
Our clerkship program
In Perth, our clerkship program is a stepping stone to bigger things – most clerks go on to become graduates with us. As a clerk, you will work with some of the most experienced lawyers in Australia and encounter first-hand the type of work you could do as a lawyer at Allens. You’ll work as part of a cohesive team, assisting with real, and often market leading, matters.
You will benefit from high-quality technical training and thrive in an excellent learning environment. Your carefully selected and individually allocated support network will help you make the most of your clerkship and become fully immersed in Allens during your clerkship. We’ll work closely with you to develop your understanding of commercial law and build your skills, providing the foundation you need to become a successful lawyer. You’ll be directly involved in some of the market's most complex domestic and global transactions.
We offer clerkship programs in one of three periods, two over summer and one over winter, to coincide with university holidays. During your clerkship you will work in one practice group for three weeks, giving you a consistent experience and invaluable insight into what we do and the clients we work for.
Here is a quick rundown of what you can look forward to:
- a personalised induction program introducing you to our people and setting you up for a successful clerkship;
- on-the-job training with one on one support from your performance coach and buddy;
- learning opportunities across different practice areas and partners, as we don't work in silos;
- the chance to work on real matters with many of Australia's and the world's top 100 companies as clients;
- the opportunity to get involved in community and pro bono work, and learn about our committees and interest groups;
- the chance to learn about working within our alliance with Linklaters and about secondment opportunities;
- seminars that will build a strong foundation of skills to help you become an excellent lawyer and thrive in our ever changing world;
- social events, where you will really get to know us; and
- the opportunity to network with some of the best in the profession.
Our Strategic Partnership
Our alliance with Linklaters gives our people enormous opportunities to accelerate their careers. Join us and you’ll be part of a global network. For our clients, the alliance means access to strong teams in 40 offices across 28 countries. Our global teams act as one, sharing their knowledge, best-practice approaches and talents to help solve our clients’ most complex problems, seamlessly. While both Allens and Linklaters excel in their markets, we are stronger together. Having international counterparts allows us to experience new things, develop new thinking and constantly evolve.
In light of COVID-19, aspects of the recruitment process traditionally run face-to-face in the Perth office may be run virtually. We are regularly assessing the situation, and will adjust our recruitment process as necessary to ensure the process is as smooth as possible.
Applications are open to students who are in their penultimate or final year of their law degree. Applications will close at 11:55pm (AWST) on Sunday, 9 August 2020. Please address your application to Rachael Bloom, Graduate Resourcing Consultant. For further information, visit our website or email [email protected]
- Job type:Clerkships
Australian Working Visa, Australian Student...
- Closing Date:9th Aug 2020, 3:55 pm