- High profile program with significant exposure
- Excellent opportunity for a highly analytical and numerate Graduate to build a career in Insurance
- Broad exposure across Product and Research, Finance and Workers Compensation
When you work at Allianz, you’re part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. You’ll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way, work with people from all different backgrounds, and feel free to bring fresh thinking. And you’ll get the support you need to have an enriching career and enjoy what really matters to you.
Being part of our Graduate Program is a unique and exciting opportunity. We only take on a small number of graduates each year, which allows you to receive a highly tailored and supportive early career experience.
As part of our Actuarial Graduate Program you will gain hands-on practical experience in key actuarial areas of Insurance, including:
- Pricing and profitability
- Capital modelling
- Investment strategy
- Catastrophe modelling
- Capital strategy
- Portfolio monitoring
- Financial Condition Report
At Allianz, we have Actuaries across Product and Research, Finance and Workers Compensation divisions.
- Actuarial Research (Short Tail) – Provides exposure to Domestic Property and Home; Commercial Property; profitability; pricing reviews; monitoring and reporting.
- Actuarial Research (Long Tail) – Offers exposure to CTP, Liability and Professional Indemnity; profitability; premium filings for Regulator; monitoring and reporting; valuations.
- Finance Actuarial – Exposure to valuations and risk margins; Financial Condition Report; capital modelling; investment strategy; reinsurance optimisation; capital allocation and target profitability.
- Workers Compensation – Provides exposure to pricing and profitability; valuations; segmentation analysis; monitoring and reporting.
To be successful in this role we need analytical thinkers who learn and adapt quickly, have strong interpersonal skills and are able to develop relationships with key stakeholders.
What else is on offer?
- On-the-job development via four highly tailored and defined rotations
- Fully paid formal education and study leave to complete your Actuarial qualifications. We provide 12 study days per Part III exam, and covers the cost of course entry for the first and last sitting. We also covers the cost of the Actuaries Institute exemptions as well as membership fees
- Technical training to assist you to accelerate your skills
- Ability to deliver key projects with your Graduate Cohort that have a cross functional focus
- Professional development opportunities to continue to build your business and leadership skills
- Networking opportunities with the Managing Director and Senior Leaders, as well as other graduates and the Allianz Graduate Alumni
- Ongoing support, mentoring and leadership through your sponsor, who is a Senior Leader in the organisation and our Talent Management team
- Opportunities to give back to our community through our Outreach Volunteering Program
- An attractive range of employee benefits, including insurance at discounted rates, community support programs and flexible leave arrangements.
- Market competitive remuneration
To be eligible to apply:
- You will be due to complete your actuarial undergraduate studies by the end of 2020 (applicants who graduated prior to 2020 will also be considered).
- You understand that you will be required to complete industry qualifications
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or hold Australian Permanent Residency at the time of application and provide evidence of this
- You must attach your most up to date University results in the form of an Academic Transcript or university-issued proof of results (for example, screen shot of online university portal)
- You must attach a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role and a resume
- Please note, applications without proof of University results will not be included in the selection process
Applications open on Tuesday 21 July 2020 at 9AM and close on Tuesday 1 September 2020 at 9AM (AEST).
For those who dare, here is your home, graduates.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2020, 11:00 pm