- Build a career in one of Australia’s leading and fastest growing Agricultural Insurers
- Gain exposure to portfolio / product management, pricing, underwriting and claims
- Unique opportunity for a high performing self-starter to join our Sydney team
As an Agriculture Graduate you will be placed on an expert stream designed to build your skills in the Agricultural insurance profession. Your program will run for two years where you will expect to have up to four rotations where you will be provided with on-the-job learning to grow and enhance your skills.
Do you want to challenge our customers to grow, work at the forefront of our business, and bear the responsibility for our customer’s future?
Then is a unique opportunity for an individual who is seeking to build a career in Insurance, capitalising on their passion for Agriculture. This opportunity is designed to fast-track the right candidate in all areas of Agricultural Insurance, allowing you to combine your love of the land with a successful Insurance career! You will work in our Regional & Rural team in Sydney, specifically focused on Agricultural Insurance products such as farm, forestry, cropping and cotton.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Building strong relationships with our farming and agribusiness customers and brokers to understand their insurance needs
- Assessing agricultural risks and determining appropriate pricing
- Assisting to build and develop new agricultural insurance products
- Gaining exposure to how we manage and measure our sales effectiveness. This will include exposure to sales reporting and data analytics
- Gaining a deep understanding on how we manage insurance claims
- Assisting sales in establishing and maintaining business relationships
- Learn to understand how we define our terms of conditions and price our insurance products
- Working with internal stakeholders across our business working on projects. Stakeholders could include working with sales, underwriting, claims, product, legal, and compliance.
To be successful in this role we need analytical thinkers who learn and adapt quickly, those who have demonstrated ability in the art of analysis, have strong negotiation skills and are able to network and strike up relationships with our rural customers, brokers and internal stakeholders.
You will have:
- A strong academic track record (Credit average or above)
- Proven work experience in a business environment or customer service, including part time work
- A well rounded background with demonstrated experience across community involvement and participation in extracurricular
- Strong effective communication skills
- Leadership qualities developed through university, work experience and extracurricular activities
- The ability to speak a second language (highly desirable)
- An interest in a role that not only embraces analytical skills but is also customer facing
- To be considered for this position it is essential that you have completed tertiary studies in Agriculture within the last five years.
What else is on offer?
- On-the-job development via four highly tailored and defined rotations
- Fully paid formal education and study leave to complete further study in insurance
- Technical training to assist you to accelerate your skills
- Ability to deliver key projects with your Graduate Cohort that have a cross functional focus
- Professional development opportunities to continue to build your business and leadership skills
- Networking opportunities with the Managing Director and Senior Leaders, as well as other graduates and the Allianz Graduate Alumni
- Ongoing support, mentoring and leadership through your sponsor, who is a Senior Leader in the organisation and our Talent Management team
- Opportunities to give back to our community through our Outreach Volunteering Program
- An attractive range of employee benefits, including insurance at discounted rates, community support programs and flexible leave arrangements.
- Market competitive remuneration
To be eligible to apply:
- You will be due to complete your undergraduate studies by the end of 2020 (applicants who graduated prior to 2020 will also be considered).
- You understand that you will be required to complete industry qualifications
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or hold Australian Permanent Residency at the time of application and provide evidence of this
- You must attach your most up to date university results in the form of an Academic Transcript or university-issued proof of results (for example, screen shot of online university portal)
- You must attach a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role and a resume
Applications open Tuesday 21 July 2020 at 9AM and close Tuesday 1 September 2020 at 9AM (AEST).
For those who dare, here is your home, graduates.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2020, 11:00 pm