Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organization
Key job responsibilities
Why Premium Support:
· Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
· Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
· We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
· Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
· As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications
A day in the life
On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
You may be required to work a staggered week; either Sun-Thu or Tue-Sat (no on-call) to As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
About the team
Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
• You must be in the final year of a university undergraduate or postgraduate degree or have completed your university studies within the past 24 months of applying.
• Enrolled/Completed a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology at TAFE or relevant tertiary institution
• You must have Australian/New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency at the time you submit your application.
• Experience or coursework in networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
• Experience or coursework in operating systems such as Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange etc.)
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting mindset
Expertise in ONE of the following areas:
· System Administration Or System Engineering
· Networking and Security
· Database Administration
· Big Data tools & technologies
· Deployment (DevOps tools and technologies)
· Programming/development skills
· Storage & Content Delivery Network
• Knowledge of internet fundamentals and cloud computing concepts
• Familiarity with DevOps, Database, Storage, or Big Data concepts
• Experience with at least one functional scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting)
• Experience working in a customer-facing support role
For more insight on the role, please check our Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YQ-SqH028k
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Arts and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane,...
- POSITION START DATE
Aug 2022 (approx)
- Closing Date:9th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm