2022 Operations Excellence Intern, Operations Talent Development
Amazon is looking for ambitious, curious and versatile candidates to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon AU internship within the Operational Excellence team will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
These internships are educational opportunities intended to allow future managers to discover how we lead and develop our teams of Associates. Operations Excellence Interns will learn how our managers effectively engage their teams to realise their full potential, ensure their performance in order to fulfil our customers’ expectations, and encourage a safe and productive environment within our large and complex Fulfillment Centres.
Opportunities are available in Melbourne (Ravenhall) and Sydney (Moorebank) – both roles are based at our Fulfillment Centres based.
Key job responsibilities
As an Operations Excellence intern you might join one of the following teams:
- L&D (Learning and Development) – scheduling and coordinating training, designing and creating training material, conducting learning needs analysis
- ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence Services) – Benchmarking, implementing best practices and working on continuous improvement projects for various sites
- ICQA (Inventory Control and Quality Assurance) – Ensuring inventory records are accurate and working with operations teams to keep defects to a minimum
You will put your analytical skills to the test and roll up your sleeves to complete actions that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that Fulfillment Centres provide to our customers. This will include:
- Diving deep into data, mapping processes and problems
- Offering and testing potential solutions and implementing the best one(s)
- Interacting with highly efficient managers, technology development teams, and front line Associates to think broadly about solutions to the most complex business and operational challenges faced by one of the world’s fastest growing operations network.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently in your penultimate year of a degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Production, Engineering, Business Management, or similar discipline
- You must have Australian/New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency at the time you submit your application.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are willing to work to flexible schedules/shifts hours
- You are results-driven with analytical skills and the desire to innovate and simplify current process and practices
- You should have strong decision-making skills, and use sound logic to communicate
- Evidence of leadership skills – perhaps you are president of a sporting or social club at university or took the lead in a group project
- You are able to demonstrate curiosity and pro-activity, which will allow you to gain greater autonomy in the course of the internship and make the most of your time with us to fully achieve your learning and development goals.
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better
Please note: Our internship dates are from late November 2022 to February 2023, you will need to be available for those dates to be eligible.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Acknowledgement of country: In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Arts...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Locations:Sydney, Melbourne
- Closing Date:15th Oct 2022, 12:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.