Amazon is looking for passionate Graduate Software Development Engineers (SDEs) to join our team. You will build software for Amazon’s rapid fulfillment businesses for use across the globe.
Amazon offers a unique, inclusive work environment where you’ll be able to work on the A to Z of problems, at scale, for real customers. You’ll join a team solving challenging problems with innovative software solutions, building global software at scale every day and having a ton of fun while you do it.
We are a group of engineers that values diversity and collaboration to help each other succeed as a team. Bring your experiences, perspectives and skills to help build a great shopping experience for customers all around the world. We're looking for developers with a passion for solving challenging problems, learning on the go and working with teammates to have a global impact.
Key job responsibilities
You will own the development of software end to end, from working with stakeholders on requirements through to owning the ongoing operations of the software that you build at scale. You will work with a great, global team to tackle new challenges. You will have the opportunity to experiment and learn from your successes and your failures.
Apply today to join our incredible team building software for our customers around the world. Have fun and build great software!
**Amazon does not sponsor work visas for this role so you must have the full working rights in Australia so either Australian/NZ citizenship or Australian PR **
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience developing software on Amazon Web Services (AWS) platforms
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
- You must be in the final year of a university undergraduate or postgraduate degree or have completed your university studies within the past 24 months of applying.
- Enrolled/Completed a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology at university or relevant tertiary institution
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2022, 3:59 pm