At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
We are seeking a number of Area Manager Interns to understand how our fulfilment centres operate from the ground up. In this role you will be responsible for driving up the sortation & line haul infrastructure in the region which includes identifying the new routes.
Job Responsibilities :
- Understand the transportation process from FC to delivery stations
- Learn to assess the bandwidth in sortation team to ensure peak time delivery management
- Learn about performance appraisals of the station supervisors and mentor them for handling efficient operations
- Continuously improve and have input to ascertain a sustained level of delivery performance improvement
- Review the data reports to identify performance bottlenecks and improve the performance
- Understand the formal process control and process improvement mechanisms such as Kaizen
This role is starting from December 2021 to February 2022
- Studying degrees such as Business/Commerce/ Operations and Manufacturing or a similar discipline.
- Penultimate year and looking to graduate by March 2023
- Experience in logistics field desirable and the experience in courier industry highly preferred
- Any leadership experience or a similar capacity, which might be gained from student society positions, sports management or previous retail roles, or a desire into a people leadership role.
- Possess a Continuous Improvement mindset
- Strong leadership capabilities and people management skills
- Strong execution skills, Action oriented, go getter
- Ability to work under pressure situations
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations and to come out with solutions as per the situations faced
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
- Job type:Internships
Arts and Humanities, Business and Commerce,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:15th Sep 2021, 1:59 pm