Business Analyst Intern, Direct Fulfilment
Amazon Australia is looking for talented Business Analyst Intern to develop solutions to better analyze input/output metrics while providing the best experience to our customers.
As part of the Direct Fulfillment (DF) team, the Business Analyst Intern will be responsible for working closely with multiple internal teams & stakeholders to analyze data, build inferences, and deliver compelling and actionable data insights in terms of reports and dashboards.
This role requires an individual with excellent understanding of Excel, a basic knowledge of SQL and query development, good business acumen and the ability to work with business and program teams.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and driven by a desire to innovate in this space.
The Business Analyst Intern position is based in Sydney.
Key job responsibilities
• Partner with Operation team to provide advice, analytical support, and drive process improvement in reporting. You must have the ability to structure problems, perform analysis, and present to leadership.
• Ensure that key financial matrix is in place and has ability to drive controllership across the team, develop mechanism to identify opportunity to keep building new processes to create strong control environment.
• The ability to link financial impact to the underlying business processes and KPI’s; and the clarity of thought and communication to present information to cross functional stakeholders.
• Guide the core financial processes for the businesses, including Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews, weekly metrics.
• Currently in your penultimate year of your overall degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or similar quantitative discipline.
• Experience in business/financial analysis
• Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
• Technical skills – Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and statistical analysis tools and techniques.
• Experience with data visualization using QuickSight, Tableau, or similar tools in Uni
• Strong Analytical skills – has ability to start from ambiguous problem statements, identify and access relevant data, make appropriate assumptions, perform insightful analysis and draw conclusion relevant to the business problem.
• Ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data.
• Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
• Advanced in Microsoft Excel
• Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• You must have Australian/New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency at the time you submit your application.
• Experience in Analysis would be an advantage but is not essential.
• Experience with e-commerce or retail or finance / accounting would be an advantage.
• Ability to work with data, numbers and internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical problems in simple plain stories.
• Experience with SQL, Excel macros, and statistical techniques
• Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or full-time role; if it’s in an operations or customer-facing environment, even better
Please note: Our internship dates are from late November 2022 to February 2023, you will need to be available for those dates to be eligible.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal.
Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Arts...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2022, 12:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.