We’re looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join us at the heart of our core
e-commerce business. Students will gain experience working in the category and marketplace teams, helping manufacturers and sellers optimize their business on Amazon.com.au.
Amazon retail teams work to help improve the selection and shopping experience for customers across our product categories, from Books to Fashion, Electronics, Movies and Music to Toys and Health & Beauty, and everything in between.
Key job responsibilities
As a Retail Intern you’ll
• work across the categories above, learning how Amazon manages and grows its e-commerce retail business, and develop the analytical and problem-solving skills that our people are known for.
• you will work with Senior Category Managers, Senior Program Managers, manufacturers, as well as colleagues in other functions, such as in-stock management and marketing.
• you will learn about and help develop product categories, vendor relationships and promotional campaigns; gaining broad based experience to support your development in future roles.
• this is all with a view to making sure our customers can find and discover anything and everything they want online.
• Open to all disciplines for candidates in their penultimate year of their degree.
• Passionate about online business, e-commerce and sales
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to handle objections
• People who are self-motivated, flexible and place the customer at the center of everything
• We hold analytical skills in high regard at Amazon and train people to interpret complex information and use this to develop clear, actionable plans.
• Have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency.
• Opportunities in both Retail and Seller Services demand broad commercial awareness.
Please note: Our internship dates are from late November 2022 to February 2023, you will need to be available for those dates to be eligible.
• Some work experience - whether through placement years, internships or university.
• Experience in data analysis – confident manipulating large sets of data, identifying trends and areas for new business growth (SQL skills are a plus!)
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Acknowledgement of country
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Arts and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:9th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm