At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
We are seeking a Supply Chain intern.
Supply Chain is at the heart of value creation within Amazon Operations balancing Speed, Cost and Quality within our core customer fulfillment experience. Amazon is pushing the frontiers of science and technology to solve some of the most complex supply chain and forecasting problems by innovating and deploying one of the largest algorithmic decision-making machines in the world.
Our optimization around forecasting, inventory quantity, placement and order assignment are deeply connected to the design and implementation of our fulfillment and transportation network.
In this role you will own a flagship Supply Chain Planning, Optimisation or Operations Integration project that delivers and enhances the Australian Customer Experience. You’ll work with cross functional teams and dive deep into data to scope the problem statement or opportunity to size the prize, model to generate options, uncover risks, define the workstreams and the changes to fulfillment & transportation processes to achieve the desired outcomes. At the end of your internship you’ll deliver an Amazon 6-pager – the iconic Amazon decision making process.
This role is normal business office hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm and available at our Sydney or Melbourne offices
• Assist and work alongside Program Managers to measure and review operational performance metrics in your assigned area
• Map and understand the optimization choices, system configurations and operational processes that underpin the delivery of customer experience
• Undertake research, collect data, perspectives and analyse to define your project scope and align a workplan with your team
• Develop and evolve your project work plan, undertake regular reviews and feedback from your team to settle on your project plan
• Deliver a six page narrative report that generates new insight and furthers understanding of a new business opportunity or problem resolution, and makes clear recommendations to the Head of Supply Chain on the way forward.
• Currently in your penultimate year of your overall degree in Statistics, Management Science, Business, Commerce, Economics, Logistics or related discipline.
• Experience in data extraction, transformation and analytical modelling; proficiency in excel or other data manipulation tools
• Extremely curious and demonstrably engaged in research and learning.
• Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
You must have Australian/New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency at the time you submit your application.
Please note: Our internship dates are from late November 2022 to February 2023, you will need to be available for those dates to be eligible.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to deliver within deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations, show a bias for action to come up with solutions
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal.
Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Arts and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:9th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm