WHS Intern, Workplace Health & Safety
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. To meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our WHS team across Australia and offering a 3 month internship to a WHS candidate.
Amazon is looking for ambitious, curious and versatile candidates to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon Australia internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
As a Workplace Health & Safety Intern, you will be a passionate advocate for creating and delivering safe yet efficient working environments. You must have excellent analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills, be an effective communicator, have a high sense of (internal) customer service and be able to work with cross-functional teams including Senior Management.
1. BWU2 AR site, Kemp’s Creek, Western Sydney
2. MEL1 FC, Dandenong, Melbourne, Victoria
3. Mulgrave or Tullamarine logistical delivery stations, Melbourne, Victoria
4. BWU1 FC, Moorebank, Sydney
Key job responsibilities
• Familiarize and help with the organization and WHS processes for the operations site
• Assist the site WHS Manager and the site WHS teams in delivering safety processes and operations
• Support safety process systems through participation in planned audits, inspections and injury prevention processes
• Support day to day operational WHS requirements on site including participation in Daily deep dive meetings, weekly operational WHS meetings, site inspections and audits, incident investigations, risk assessments, procedural implementation, compliance assessments
• Analyze accident data and develop standards to ensure prevention of accidents
• Help to develop safety procedures and implement training programs to meet the needs of Managers and Associates in regards to critical safety issues
• Reporting out on WHS requirements and trends, this can include deliver of WHS related induction or trainings
Your project will require you to work as part of the WHS team alongside the site operations team on a risk reduction project/Ergonomic and MSD Injury reduction project/ WHS Data and benchmarking project/ WHS Health and Wellness project (choice of projects)
• We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
• Currently working towards a university degree/qualification in Health & Safety, Engineering or similar discipline
• You must have Australian/New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency at the time you submit your application.
• Excellent analytical skills, preferably with advanced proficiency in Excel (e.g. macros, pivot tables, complex formulas)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Problem-solving mind set with proactive issue resolution
• You are able to demonstrate curiosity and pro-activity, which will allow you to gain greater autonomy in the course of the internship and make the most of your time with us to fully achieve your learning and development goals
Please note: Our internship dates are from late November 2022 to February 2023, you will need to be available for those dates to be eligible.
• Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, and to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
• Previous work experience – a summer job, internship; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Acknowledgement of country
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Arts...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Locations:Dandenong, Melbourne
- Closing Date:9th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.